The Maison unveils a new addition to its collections: the Reine de Naples 8938. A delicate snow setting adorning the dial imbues it with luminosity and splendour. The Reine de Naples 8938 is available in white gold with a blue bracelet and in rose gold with an orange bracelet.
For over five centuries, decorating timepieces with precious stones has been a cherished watchmaking tradition. A technique that calls for great dexterity and unwavering patience. In contrast to the traditional concentric setting, the snow technique uses different sized stones to cover the dial, thereby keeping the visibility of the material upon which they are set to a minimum. The result is unmatched brilliance.
Breguet rounds off the Reine de Naples 8938 dial with an off-centre, natural white mother-of-pearl hours chapter at 6 o’clock. Breguet’s traditional numerals as well as its timeless moon-tipped hands dance upon the dial. The setting continues on the dial flange, the bezel, and the brilliant-cut diamond lug. It can also be seen on the rare and sophisticated cutting of the crown’s briolette-cut diamond. More than three carats of diamonds light up this precious timepiece.
Aesthetics go hand in hand with technology here at Breguet, and the new Reine de Naples model is no exception, equipped with a self-winding mechanical movement, including an escapement and silicon balance spring. The latter comes to life all thanks to the movement of a finely engine-turned platinum rotor.
The Reine de Naples Collection
Breguet dedicates its Reine de Naples models to modern, refined customers who appreciate timepieces that marry sophisticated aesthetics with cutting-edge mechanics.
The Maison’s creations have always seduced and fascinated women of illustrious style, clients such as France’s last queen Marie-Antoinette, the Marquise de Condorcet, or even the Empress Josephine. Caroline Murat was also among A.-L. Breguet’s most dedicated fans, to whom the watchmaker presented a piece in 1812 that was wholly unprecedented for its time: the first-ever wristwatch. With its oval shape no less exceptional, the models in the Reine de Naples line draw their inspiration from this mythical creation.
Breguet Reine de Naples 8938 Technical Specifications
Ref. 8938BB/8D/964 DD0D
- Self-winding movement,
- Cal. 537/3 with platinum oscillating weight.
- Numbered and signed Breguet.
- 83/4 lignes.
- 26 jewels.
- 45-hour power reserve.
- Escapement wheel and in-line Swiss lever in silicon.
- Flat balance spring in silicon.
- Balance frequency 3.5Hz.
- Adjusted in 6 positions.
- Oval case in 18k white gold with delicately fluted caseband.
- Bezel, dial flange and lug set with 161 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 1.82 ct).
- Crown set with a briolette diamond (approx. 0.26 ct).
- Sapphire-crystal caseback.
- Dimensions 36.5 x 28.45mm.
- Water-resistant to 3 bar (30m).
- Gold dial snow-set with 384 diamonds (approx. 0,89 ct).
- Individually numbered and signed Breguet.
- Off-centred chapter ring in white mother-of-pearl with Breguet numerals offset at 6 o’clock.
- Breguet open-tipped hands in blued steel.
Strap & Buckle
- Blue leather bracelet with gold triple-blade folding clasp set with 28 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.16 ct).
Also available in rose gold with orange bracelet: Reference 8938BR/8D/964 DD0D