The latest three-hand model in the Certina collection is a multifaceted all-round timekeeper. Elegant and stylish, precise and timeless, urban and retro at once, the DS Powermatic 80 easily combines apparent opposites, which makes it perfect for everyday life today. Thanks to the ingenious quick-change strap system, the look of the watch can be changed easily to suit one’s mood or occasion. And its innovative Powermatic 80 movement demonstrates just what contemporary precision mechanics has to offer: sovereign precision, a comfortable 80-hour power reserve, and, thanks to its NivachronTM balance spring, enhanced resistance to magnetic fields.
The revelation of a new design
The Certina DS Powermatic 80 is inspired by the popular DS Chronograph Automatic from the year 2020. Unlike its big brother, however, the new three-hander features a 40 mm case in pure stainless steel or with a rose gold PVD or yellow gold PVD finish. A sapphire box glass offers optimal views of the dial and evokes memories of historic timepieces. The finely worked hands contribute to the vintage impression: the slim, classic blued seconds hand and the Super-LumiNova® coated minute and hour hands.
The lightly domed dials are in luminous white, shimmering gold, or dark blue, green or brown with a refined sunburst finish. The straps, which can be removed and exchanged at any time thanks to the quick-change system, offer fashionable accents: as a modern NATO strap in blue-brown stripes or anthracite, or in light or dark brown patent leather.
An incomparable sense of rhythm
Just as the exterior of the watch combines vintage details with contemporary elements, the interior blends the present and the past. The refined construction of its automatic movement brings the traditional art of watchmaking to life while simultaneously making use of state-of-the-art technologies. Of particular note is the NivachronTM balance spring, which functions with precision and regularity – uninfluenced by magnetic fields – for up to 80 hours after the fully wound watch has been set down.
It goes without saying that as a Certina watch the DS Powermatic 80 watch features the same reliability and robustness that characterizes all of the brand’s models. A key factor is the famous DS system of Double Security, which has delivered enhanced resistance since the 1960s and lends the new watch water resistance up to 10 bar (100 metres).
Certina DS Powermatic 80 Technical Specifications
- DS (Double Security),
- Powermatic 80 movement with Nivachron™ balance spring,
- strap with quick-change system
Reference / price: C038.407.38.037.00 CHF 890.00*
- C038.407.18.047.00, Blue dial, stainless steel case and striped NATO strap – CHF 850.00*
- C038.407.18.037.00, White dial, stainless steel case and anthracite NATO strap – CHF 850.00*
- C038.407.16.097.00, Green dial, stainless steel case and dark brown leather strap – CHF 850.00*
- C038.407.36.087.00, Brown dial, stainless steel case with rose gold-coloured PVD and dark brown leather strap – CHF 890.00*
- C038.407.36.367.00, Gold-coloured dial, stainless steel case with yellow gold PVD and light brown leather strap – CHF 890.00*
*recommended retail price
- Powermatic 80.611 automatic, Swiss Made, Nivachron™ balance spring
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Power reserve: up to 80 hours
- 316L stainless steel with rose gold-coloured PVD coating,
- sapphire crystal case back,
- 40 mm diameter
- Water resistance:Up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m)
- Glass: Domed anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Convex white dial; date at 3 o’clock
- Rose gold-coloured hands, numerals and indexes
- Striped NATO strap with pin buckle