Combining the finesse of watchmaking with the cutting-edge mechanics of the Manufacture, De Bethune presents the latest DB25QP. De Bethune DB25 Perpetual Calendar – a classic interpretation of the DB25: a radiating guilloche in 12 sectors, integrated lugs and a new titanium case.
The Manufacture De Bethune is enriching its collection of classic watches with a state-of-the-art interpretation of the perpetual calendar.
The De Bethune DB 25 Perpetual Calendar is tinged with poetry and combines the finesse of watchmaking with the precision mechanics of the Manufacture by bringing together moon phase, starry sky and perpetual calendar in an exceptional timepiece.
Inspired by the drum, the round case with a diameter of 44 mm, with its fine and resolutely classic lines, is subtly raised by hollowed horns, characteristic of the DB25 collection.
A poetic timepiece
The finesse of the decorations and the purity of the green hand-guilloché dial, radiating in 12 sectors, underline the legibility of the dial, notably through the assembly of annular appliques delimiting the sub-dials and the hour circle. At 12 o’clock, a sphere in palladium and black oxidized zirconium sits in a sky set with gold stars, also incorporating a leap year indicator in a gold pastille in the starry sky at 12 o’clock. The date can be read on a dial located at 6 o’clock, while the windows indicating the day of the week and the month are located at 9 and 3 o’clock respectively.
The round case of the new DB25QP retains the harmonious lines that contributed to the success of the original DB25QP but is offered for the first time in titanium. This accentuates the practicality and comfort of this timepiece.
De Bethune DB25 Perpetual Calendar Technical Specifications
- Hours, Minutes,
- Spherical moon phase indication and leap-year indication at 12 o’clock,
- Perpetual calendar indicating the month at 3 o’clock, the date at 6 o’clock and the day of the week at 9 o’clock
- Type: Mechanical self-winding movement
- Adjustment: Winding, setting the date and the time by means of the crown (3 positions)
- Month, day of the week and spherical moon phase adjustment via correctors
Technical features of calibre DB2324
- Number of parts: 425
- Jewelling: 47 jewels
- Diameter: 35 mm
- Power reserve: 5 days, ensured by a self-regulating twin barrel – De Bethune Innovation (2004)
- Titanium and white gold balance wheel – De Bethune Innovation (2016)
- “De Bethune” balance-spring with flat terminal curve – De Bethune Patent (2006)
- Silicon escape wheel
- Spherical moon phase indication accurate to a degree of one lunar day every 122 years – De Bethune Patent (2004)
- Triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system – De Bethune Innovation (2005)
- Optimized oscillating weight in titanium and white gold
- Oscillating weight shock-absorbing system – De Bethune Innovation (2006)
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Adornment: ¾ plate with starry decor, sandblasted and snailed by hand
- Balance bridge and oscillating weight arms in blued titanium
- White gold oscillating weight hand snailed
- Hand-polished, chamfered steel parts
- Hands curved, in hand mirror-polished steel
- Perpetual calendar apertures indicating the day of the week at 9 o’clock and the month at 3 o’clock on anthracite discs with silver decal – sub dial at 6 o’clock indicating the day of the month – leap year indicated by a gold pastille appearing in the starry sky at 12 o’clock
- Spherical moon phase indication in palladium and black oxide zirconium with an accuracy of one lunar day every 122 years at 12 o’clock – De Bethune Patent (2004)
- Green hand-guilloché, with 12 radiating sectors
- De Bethune star-studded sky in black steel, inlaid with rose gold stars
- Green curved hour, date and moon phase rings with silver relief Roman numerals
Case and strap
- Case material: Titane grade 5
- Case diameter: 44 mm
- Case thickness: 11,1 mm
- Lugs: Integrated, hollowed lugs
- Crystal: In sapphire crystal (1800 Vickers hardness) with double anti-reflective coating
- Case back: Open back in polished titanium and sapphire crystal (1800 Vickers hardness) with double anti-reflective coating
- Water-resistance: 3 ATM
Strap & Buckle
- Strap: Textile/leather
- Buckle: Pin buckle in polished titanium