Elegance of form, nobility of material, perfection of finish. De Bethune presents the DB25 Starry Varius in a particularly refined version: in 5N rose gold. The DB25 interpreted in a soft and warm precious metal, synonymous with subtle and discreet elegance. With its personalized constellation at the centre of its dial, its revisited lugs and an original 42mm case, the DB25 Starry Varius asserts itself as a contemporary classic of sophisticated purity whilst remaining true to watchmaking heritage.
At the heart of the galaxy
“The cosmos, the heavens above… When you want to observe time in motion without any instruments, you look upwards. This is a recurrent theme in watchmaking”, explains Denis Flageollet, Master Watchmaker and founder of De Bethune. Over the past few years, star-studded dials have become an integral part of the history of the Maison.
Today, for the first time, De Bethune offers a whole new take on the sky, framed by a slender case in polished rose gold 5N case measuring 8.8mm thick, 42mm in diameter.
Personalised according to a specific geographical location and a given date, the gold pins are fitted one by one on this star-studded sky, thus making each model truly unique. The Milky Way pattern is then gilded using the traditional gold leaf technique and enhanced by laser beam micro-milling.
With a refined case featuring perfectly integrated and open-worked lugs, the DB25 Starry Varius in rose gold is designed to be not only pleasant to wear, but above all to reflect the brand’s characteristic elegance and refinement.
The display features patiently hand-polished rose gold hands reflecting the light and sweeping over exactly matching hour-markers set on a silver-toned ring.
The sapphire crystal case-back with its double anti-reflective coating reveals the impeccable craftsmanship of the movement incorporating the latest De Bethune technologies. Powered by the in-house mechanical manual winding DB2105 calibre oscillating at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour, entirely designed, developed and produced in De Bethune’s workshops, the DB25 Starry Varius in rose gold is equipped with the latest titanium balance wheel as well as the triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system.
With this interpretation, differently exquisite by the use of rose gold, the Manufacture at L’Auberson has created an exceptional timepiece that fits perfectly on both men’s and women’s wrists. A watch of remarkable elegance that complements the De Bethune constellation.
About De Bethune
Founded in 2002, Manufacture De Bethune is an independent watchmaker that develops and produces all its own timepieces.
While its production remains extremely modest in terms of volume, De Bethune displays peerless inventiveness and is distinguished by the highest level of quality and innovation within the extremely exclusive sphere of Swiss Haute Horlogerie.
Since its founding, De Bethune has developed no less than 26 calibres, presented 30 or so world firsts, filed a number of patents and launched around 150 one-of-a-kind models. Its timepieces have won awards in major international competitions.
Through its creations, De Bethune is perpetuating the work of the great 18th century master watchmakers in their quest for perfect time measurement backed by a sense of supreme aesthetic beauty. Leveraging cutting-edge scientific and technological discoveries, its efforts are devoted to inventing unique, innovative and high-performance solutions.
Not doing more, but doing better; drawing inspiration from the past so as to perpetually reinvent it and create bridges with other fields of knowledge: such are the principles guiding De Bethune in developing horological mechanisms and expressing artistic creativity.
Testifying to this quest for perfection and this tireless pursuit of beauty, the pure style, taut lines and slenderness of the cases embody a contemporary interpretation of the watchmaking art according to De Bethune.
Shaping 21st century watchmaking while safeguarding the finest traditions, firmly rooted in history and resolutely looking to the future, De Bethune pursues an outstanding approach effectively combining art and science.
De Bethune DB25 Starry Varius Rose Gold Technical Specifications and Price
- Name: DB25 Starry Varius
- Reference: DB25VRS3
- Functions: Hours, Minutes
- Movement: DB2005
- Type: Mechanical manual-winding calibre
- Adjustment: Winding and setting the time by means of the crown (2 positions)
Technical features of calibre DB2005
- Number of parts: 160
- Jewelling: 27 jewels
- Diameter: 30 mm
- Power reserve: 6 days, ensured by a self-regulating twin barrel De Bethune Innovation (2004)
- Titanium balance wheel with white gold inserts, optimised for temperature differences and air penetration De Bethune Patent (2016)
- “De Bethune” balance-spring with flat terminal curve De Bethune Patent (2006)
- Silicon escape wheel
- Triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system De Bethune Innovation (2005)
- Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
- Silverplate and barrel bridge cover adorned with “Côtes De Bethune”;
- Hand-snailed barrels;
- Hand-polished, chamfered steel parts
- Display: Hands in hand-polished rose gold
- Dial :
- De Bethune star-studded sky in blued and polished titanium with hand-fitted white gold pins depicting the stars
- Milky Way patterns produced by laser beam micro-milling, gilded with 24-carat gold leaf
- Silver-toned hours and minutes ring with polished rose gold hour-markers
Case and strap
- Case material: Rose Gold 5N
- Case diameter: 42 mm
- Case thickness: 8,8 mm
- Lugs: Integrated, hollowed lugs
- Crystal: In sapphire crystal (1800 Vickers hardness) with double anti-reflective coating
- Case back: Open case back in rose gold 5N
- Sapphire crystal (1800 Vickers hardness) with double anti-reflective coating
- Water-resistance: 3 ATM
- Strap: Extra-supple alligator leather, alligator lining
- Buckle: Pin buckle in rose gold 5N
- 65’000.- Swiss francs without taxes
- 2’000. CHF more to customize the sky