Franck Muller Grand Central Tourbillon is a spectacular new collection, where the Tourbillon is in the spotlight, placed at the centre of the timepiece.
One of the complexities of the collection, lies in the fact that we had to totally rethink the watch in order to move the Tourbillon from its original position at 6 o’clock to the centre of the watch. In addition to this attractive and surprising decentering, Franck Muller designers and watchmakers had to find an innovative system to display the time in the centre of the watch. Thus, they found an innovative way to place the hour and second hands around the Tourbillon cage, highlighting the beauty of the piece.
Extremely rare for a Franck Muller Tourbillon collection, the watch holds a self-winding movement, thanks to an eccentric micro-rotor, offering 4 days of power reserve.
This beautiful central Franck Muller Tourbillon is housed in a redesigned Cintrée Curvex™ case where the sapphire crystal extends all the way to the bracelet, giving much greater visibility to the dial. Furthermore, the bezel which is separate from the case, allows beautiful two-tone treatments.
This design totally changes the aspect of the original Cintrée Curvex™ and fully highlights the beautiful curves of the watch. It also gives full visibility to the dial by limiting the amount of material used on the sides which is technically very difficult to achieve and giving the case a new modern line of life.
The open back allows to admire the pure traditional decorations as the Côte de Genève.
Franck Muller Grand Central Tourbillon Technical Specifications
- Hours, Minutes and Seconds on the Central Tourbillon
- FM CX 40T-CTR Self-winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor system
- Power reserve of 4 days
- 313 components
- 52 jewels
- Width: 35.85 mm, Length: 43.95 mm, Thickness: 12.85 mm
- Balance wheel frequency set at 18’000 alternations per hour
- Côte de Genève on bridges
- Sunray Brushing on the rotor and barrel cover
- Spotting on the bottom plate
- Chamfering on the bridges and rotor board
- Rhodium plating and 24k gold finish on textual engravings
- Width: 58.70 mm x Length: 40.16 mm x Thickness: 7.73 mm
- Sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters
- Stamped guilloché
- 20 layers of translucent lacquer
- Hand-applied Arabic numerals
Strap & Buckle
- Hand sewn alligator strap
- Hand polished folding buckle