HAUTLENCE offers an innovative way to display the time. Reconnecting with its original identity by going back to basics, HAUTLENCE continues to revolutionise the hour display by giving time a new dimension with the HL SPHERE 02, equipped with the eighth manufacture calibre of the brand. Following on from the jumping hour disc and the half-trailing hour chain, it now presents a jumping hour that spins on a sphere.
A blue sphere occupies the left-hand portion of the case, magnificently showcased by a sapphire crystal with a small dome, attracting everyone’s attention. It features twelve engraved numerals and rotates on itself through three rotation axes to reveal the current hour.
This hypnotic dance, which initially appears totally random, actually follows a strict choreography, dictated by a conical differential including four conical gears that move around two crossed spindles inclined at an angle of 21 degrees. Two polished titanium cases featuring a blue PVD treatment adorn this tridimensional complex system to form a sphere.
To the right of the sphere is a retrograde minute display with a hand that travels along a fine and elegant minute track that opens onto the movement and partly reveals the balance. This aperture brings the gear train into view, which slows down the course of the minute hand when it returns to zero, regulating its speed so as to reduce impact forces. The differential and snail used to trigger the jumping hour can also be seen beneath the minute hand.
The minute track and the applied diamond-polished and metal blue minute numerals are fixed to an intermediary rose gold grained dial. The design of this dial adds a delicate vintage touch to the HL SPHERE 02, contrasting with the utterly contemporary look of this creation.
The white gold case of the HL SPHERE 02 adopts HAUTLENCE‘s signature TV screen shape. With its balanced proportions, the HL SPHERE 02 model is compact and can be worn in any occasion, sitting perfectly on the wrist. An alligator-leather strap, in the same blue shade as the sphere, adds the final touch to the piece.
The HTL 501-1 hand-wound calibre beats at the heart of the HL SPHERE 02 model. Entirely developed, designed and produced by HAUTLENCE‘s watchmakers, this movement is the perfect culmination of technical and aesthetic expertise. The skeletonised balance bridge allows the owner to admire the oscillations of the proprietary balance spring produced by Precision Engineering AG, HAUTLENCE’s sister company. The equally skeletonised drum and ratchet reveal the barrel spring, thereby providing a simple yet ingenious visual indication of the power reserve.
HAUTLENCE: spearhead of modern and architectural watchmaking, catalyst of independent watchmaking in motion.
A brand-new chapter in HAUTLENCE history
Founded in 2004, HAUTLENCE – whose name itself is an anagram of Neuchâtel – pays tribute to the birthplace of the watchmaking art. The brand has been praised by watch collectors and aficionados from across the world for bringing a new dynamism to the art of fine watchmaking.
With annual production of around 200 pieces, HAUTLENCE has eight calibres designed and developed in-house, whilst also relying on external partners for the movements used in certain collections.
In strategic terms, HAUTLENCE can count on support from MELB Holding, an independent family watchmaking group which has been offering its experience and network since 2012, with the synergies between HAUTLENCE and the group sure to grow.
HAUTLENCE is pushing the boundaries of traditional watchmaking codes, uniting them with innovative mechanical solutions and an unlimited universe borrowed from the various arts, combining design, architecture, and movement. The brand takes its inspiration from this to create new approaches to time display, which it uses to elevate the two key dimensions of space and time. Ever conscious of a functional relationship with beauty, HAUTLENCE invents timepieces with completely new contours and depths, respecting every stage and every person involved in their production.
Beyond Swiss Made – the “HORLOGERIE SUISSE” stamp
HAUTLENCE timepieces are created and produced in Switzerland, in the very highest tradition of Swiss watchmaking, and are signed with the label “Horlogerie Suisse”. The components are produced externally using a network of thirty-five partners and subcontractors, all based in the Neuchâtel/Jura region.
Hautlence HL SPHERE 02 Technical Specifications and Price
- Spherical hour and retrograde minute on a 180° sector HTL 501-1 hand-wound mechanical movement.
- Spherical hour and retrograde minute on a 180° sector
- Calibre HTL 501-1 hand-wound mechanical movement
- Spherical hour and retrograde minute on a 180° sector
- Hand-wound mechanical movement.
- Power reserve: minimum of 3 days
- Regulating organ: 21,600 vibrations / hour;
- Number of jewels: 38;
- Front face finish: sand-blasted, components decorated and finished by hand
- Back face finish: sand-blasted, components decorated and finished by hand
- Case middle and horns: satin-finished and polished white gold;
- Bezel: satin-finished and polished white gold
- Screws: steel, with polished heads
- Crown: polished white gold with engraved HAUTLENCE logo
- Crystal (TOP): extra-hard sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment, bevelling and dome;
- Back: satin-finished and polished white gold, 4 screws, engraved “HAUTLENCE”, “3 ATM WATER RESISTANT”, “Horlogerie Suisse”;
- Crystal (BOTTOM): extra-hard sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment;
- Dimensions (excluding dome): 39 x 46 x 12 mm / 3.75 mm dome
- Water resistance: 3 ATM
- Base dial: skeletonised and rhodium-plated with engraved minute track.
- Intermediate dial: grained rose gold with curved, diamond-polished appliques numerals with blue PVD treatment.
- Hour sphere: Polished grade 5 titanium with blue PVD treatment, laser engraved numerals and white lacquer filling.
- Minute hands: Satin-finished grade 5 titanium with blue PVD treatment and white lacquer filling.
Strap & Buckle
- Blue Louisiana alligator; domed, rubber-lined, full square scales, rolled-edge; Interchangeability spring bars;
- Folding clasp: grade 5 titanium with satin-finished steel plate.
Limited edition of 28 pieces