Accepting time’s unstoppable flow turns every good-bye into a hello. The final version of the H20 by HYT, with its very own literal fil rouge, is living proof of this theory. This five-strong limited edition celebrates the series’ huge capacity to shape the brand’s past, present and future. These influences range from its visualization of time’s transience using liquids, to the mesmerizing portrayal of three-dimensional transparency. Once upon a time, in the first execution of the H20, art met science and formed a beautiful relationship. Two years on, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge. But time’s river shows no signs of stopping.
As life’s chapters unfold, more and more invitations to view things from different angles reveal themselves. The design of the H20 reflects this process in its resemblance of a smoothed stone that has weathered time to perfection. In the latest model, a red lacquered line guides the eye on its 360° tour of time, around the side of the domed crystal. This elegantly surmounts and descends the crown, while neat red markers cap the numbers circuiting the case. HYT consistently portrays the fascinating interplay of time and space, demonstrating that this is never a two-dimensional snapshot viewed head-on for an isolated moment.
The H20 translates the language of transparency directly on to the dial with its clear view of the watch’s operation. Center-stage is the seamless collaboration of the HYT patented fluidic module and mechanical movement developed specially by APRP. The angled positioning of the two multi-layer bellows underlines the emphasis on three-dimensionality. This celebratory timepiece has chosen vibrant red fluid to document elapsed time, leading into a future of clarity in the form of a colourless liquid. The dynamism of the red detail stands out against a black background. What’s next? As always, momentum: life in motion, HYT’s elixir.
What makes us flow
Once upon a time, a philosophy set science in motion. It was 2012. The setting was a digital world, where time on demand had become the new, and precariously temporary, happy ending. Every single second of the day. But if time gains meaning through the content its owner gives it, why continually dispose of it in this way? That is the question HYT answers. This radical watch creator turned to advanced technology to measure what matters: time’s insuppressible flow. Overcoming the force of gravity, they set out to visualize the intrinsic motion of time using liquids. To trace the journey through past, present and future that makes up life itself. Their happy ending is a continual new beginning. HYT succeeded in enabling soon to become now, always.
Each HYT timepiece is a seamless, harmonious union of science, art and design, born of the brand’s unique philosophy on time. A patented, mechanically driven fluidic module is the source of this world of possibility. Coloured and clear liquids trace the paths of elapsed and pending time. Their meeting point is the present, a constantly moving, beautifully suspended milestone. By showcasing time’s passage, every watch is an invitation to value what was, what is and what may be. Not for a second should we forget that, like a river, this vital flow can’t be stopped.
HYT tells time’s stories and these are always tales of the unexpected. Creative tension between craftsmanship and technology generates operational and esthetic energy. Radical transparency and three-dimensionality house minuscule detail. The bellows – with walls four times thinner than a human hair – act as time’s powerhouse. The serious business of time’s transience is given a playful wink and grin by a skull. Light acts as a key protagonist in a theatre of visual uniqueness… With HYT every day is flow time.
HYT H20 Technical Specifications
Reference H02390 – Limited edition 5 pieces
- Red fluidic hours
- Phase shift minutes
- Crown position indicator (Hours-Neutral-Rewind)
- Thermal indicator
- Power reserve
- 4435 stainless steel, black DLC coating, polished and satin finishes
- Diameter: 51 mm
- Height: 19.95 mm
- Crown with black DLC coating
- Bezel filled with red lacquer
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Screwed case back, sapphire crystal, “one of five” print
- Water-resistant to 30 meters
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Manual winding mechanical movement, exclusive caliber
- 21,600 vph, 3 Hz, 28 jewels
- Microblasted titanium bridges, black DLC coating, satin finishes, rhodium-plated bellows
- 192-hour power reserve
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Skeleton numerals ring, white Super-LumiNova® interior
- Diamond-cut markers, black galvanic coating
- Minutes hand with red decal, white Super-LumiNova®
- “HNR” hand with blue decal, white Super-LumiNova®
- Red rubber
- Titanium folding buckle
- Black DLC coating
1 Trackback / Pingback