Girard-Perregaux Laureato joined Diana and me on our trip to Italy at the beginning of September. For seven days, the Laureato was the one and only wrist companion. The sole purpose was to discover how this beautiful, full metal bracelet piece, will behave in a real-life experience. Join us in our story about the Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A.
Laureato – full tourist mode
The story starts before our vacation with an important decision. We received from Girard-Perregaux two pieces: the 42mm Laureato Chronograph Ref. 81020-11-131-11A and the Laureato three hands Ref. 81010-11-634-11A. Since both pieces have a full metal bracelet, we had to decide who is wearing what. The bracelets need adjustment and changing the watches between us during the journey was not possible (the obvious reason of different wrist sizes). Diana is a fan of simpler dials with date, so the choice was simple. She got the black dial three hands and I got the panda dial chrono. Today we have a look at Diana’s wrist perspective of the Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A. The full review can be read here.
Wine and wild – Marchesi Antinori nel Chianti Classico
As a special wish, Diana booked a tour of the prominent Marchesi Antinori winery. A fabulous place that needs to be visited. If you are even remotely close to Florence, this is a must-see. After the tour, wine testing followed. A perfect day, in a perfect place, accompanied by a perfect wine. Wristed, of course, with the perfect companion – Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A.
Girard-Perregaux Laureato has a special relationship with Florence. Its design was inspired by the magnificent Brunelleschi’s Cathedral dome. When visiting Florence, I recommend good planning before. We travelled by car. I have booked a parking space in a private garage, large enough for our rather big for Florence car. The booking included access to the TZL ( Limited traffic access zones) and various services can be booked (like car washing). We have booked private tours with “skip the line”. Not only that we had direct access to the museums and special places without standing for hours queueing, but we also heard amazing stories and inside info from talented guides.
Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A Final Conclusions
This review attempts to find the answer to several questions:
- Is Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A a true sports piece?
- Can a “massive” full metal bracelet timepiece be a comfortable 24/7 wear?
- Can Girard-Perregaux Laureato 42mm Ref. 81010-11-634-11A be an option for a lady?
- How does Laureato behave in society?
- I wouldn’t exactly describe Laureato as a “true sports” piece as I see it as a rather elegant piece. It can be easily worn with more casual outfits but for me, it remains an elegant classic.
- I love full metal bracelets. I think they bring the touch shine that I need every day in my life.
- Yes, of course. Laureato’s classic design makes it a nice appearance even on a lady’s smaller wrist.
- Laureato was for me a very good everyday companion. I could easily integrate it into every outfit I worn. As it is a classic, it always gave me the feeling of a timeless sense of style.
- Laureato is a versatile collection and the black dial three hands Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A makes no exception. Regardless of the situations encountered in this vacation, Laureato faced with brio all the tasks. From casual outfits for long city walks, to the beautiful and wild Toscana escapades or romantic dinners in small Italian villages.
- I am also a fan of the metal bracelet. As a daily wearer of timepieces with integrated bracelets, Laureat imposes no difficulties.
- I was a bit sceptic that long-time wear of 42mm watch can be more than just a moment’s caprice. Observing Diana’s wrist daily, I think it was more a process of accommodation. Mine. Since Diana had absolutely no issue or complains about it. She loved it from the first moment.
- Laureato gives a special statute. Not every one affording the money will buy a Laureato. Along with some other old and established brands, Girard-Perregaux is part of a connoisseurs’ club. Only an advised person or a collector can recognize its true statute.
The Girard-Perregaux Laureato Ref. 81010-11-634-11A is a wonderful piece that will offer joy to any wrist. A lady or a gentleman would enjoy this piece for several reasons. The first is its incontestable beauty. Seconds is the sweet and funny Laureato story. From the attempts of the brand to survive in the quartz crisis to the name and to extraordinary technological developments that Laureato witnessed. The last and not least is the special status that a Laureato piece gives to its wearer.