An iconic chronograph: A retro look powered by the best of modern mechanical technology: Mido presents the Multifort Patrimony Chronograph. In homage to fine watchmaking, its aesthetics reinterpret one of the brand’s oldest and most iconic chronograph models: the Multifort Multichrono from 1937. To appeal to keen connoisseurs, this watch instrument combines rose-gold-coloured PVD on the case with deep blue on the domed dial under the ‘glassbox’ sapphire crystal. A tachymeter scale and large push buttons serve as an invitation to become a master of time. At the heart of the chronograph, the Caliber 60 offers a power reserve of up to 60 hours.
Mido draws its inspiration for the Multifort collection from the architecture of the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge. The Multifort and the Harbour Bridge are actually contemporaries, as both were created in the 1930s. Offering the perfect combination of style and substance, function and aesthetics, Mido celebrates this ultra-resistant, enduring monument with its instantly recognisable design features. The Multifort’s characteristic Geneva stripes on the dial recall the suspension cables on the Bridge. But the robustness and exceptional longevity of this collection, which has been in production since 1934, also define the Multifort as a creation that has stood the test of time.
The elegance of the past…
In deep blue enhanced with touches of rose-gold-coloured PVD, the Multifort Patrimony Chronograph adopts nostalgic and highly functional aesthetics, just like the horological instruments of old. The model presents multiple nods to the past, with its ‘glassbox’ sapphire crystal over the dial and retro-shaped hands in the same shade of rose gold as the case. The finely sunray-brushed dial features a white Arabic numeral hour circle, a tachymeter scale around the edge, small snailed chronograph counters at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock, and a date aperture at 6 o’clock. With its rose-gold-coloured PVD treatment, the stainless steel case of the Multifort Patrimony Chronograph subtly alternates polished and satin-finished surfaces. Its mushroom-shaped push buttons add to its charm as a timekeeping instrument.
… with a mechanism of the present
The Multifort Patrimony Chronograph is powered by the Caliber 60. The transparent case back reveals a glimpse of its blued screws and the Geneva stripes and Mido logo on the oscillating weight. It offers an excellent power reserve of up to 60 hours. As elegant as it is suited to all occasions, the Multifort Patrimony Chronograph is water-resistant up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m/165 ft).
A crocodile-look brown cow leather strap, with a polished pin buckle enhanced with rose-gold-coloured PVD, completes the Multifort Patrimony Chronograph. On the buckle and the dial, the vintage Mido logo pays homage to the brand’s historical timepieces.
As it is a delight to give in to the fascinating elegance of the past elevated by contemporary technology, Mido took inspiration from its rich know-how to create the Multifort Patrimony Chronograph.
Mido Multifort Patrimony Chronograph Technical Specifications
- Mido automatic Caliber 60 (ETA A05.H31 base),
- 13¼ ’’’, Ø30.00 mm,
- thickness: 7.90 mm,
- 27 jewels, 28,800 vph,
- finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement with blued screws,
- oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes and the Mido logo.
- Functions HMsD + chronograph (60s central seconds, small 30-min counter at 3 o’clock).
- Adjusted on 3 different positions for high accuracy.
- Up to 60 hours of power reserve.
- Polished and satin-finished stainless steel with rose gold PVD treatment,
- Ø42 mm,
- 3 pieces,
- box sapphire crystal and screwed case back,
- finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement visible through the transparent case back,
- engraved serial number,
- water-resistant up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m / 165 ft).
- Domed, in blue, finely sunray-brushed, with Arabic numeral hour circle, and tachymeter scale around the edge.
- Small snailed counters at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock.
- Date aperture at 6 o’clock.
- Faceted diamond-cut hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova®, flat diamond-cut seconds and small counter hands.
- Rolled edges, in brown crocodile-look genuine cow leather.
- Polished stainless steel pin buckle with rose-gold-coloured PVD treatment.
- 1.950,00 €