Born in 1952, the Constellation has become OMEGA’s enduring symbol of beauty and precision. The iconic look we know today, with the distinguishing claws and half moon facets, first arrived in 1982, and has since become one of the world’s most recognised watch designs. This year, OMEGA is adding a new range of Constellation Small Seconds models to the collection, enhanced with extra diamonds and a number of unique details.
The watches, with a new 34 mm size, will be offered in a choice of 18K Sedna™ gold, stainless steel, or a combination of both. On top of each case, the bezels will feature engraved Roman Numerals, or a circle of 38 full-cut diamonds.
In keeping with the 5th generation OMEGA Constellation makeover that was launched in 2018, all of the watch’s brushed components are complemented by polished bevelling along the casebody and bracelet, while a polished crown also adds to the slimline look. For the most essential Constellation feature, the famous claws are polished and bevelled, and integrated smoothly around the sides of the case.
Most noticeably, a special symmetry has been given to these new Small Seconds watches. Along with a round date window at 6H, OMEGA has used incremental diamonds for the hour markers, which have been placed in 18K gold holders, and arranged by size around the dial. Furthermore, OMEGA has added rings for the Small Seconds subdial, as well as the Central Minute Track. On some models, these rings are presented in 18K Sedna™ gold with the addition of delicate single-cut diamonds.
Finally, the use of 18K Sedna™ gold or 18K white gold continues for the leaf-shaped hands, the Small Seconds hand, and the applied OMEGA logo and Constellation star.
Taking the Constellation in a vibrant new direction, each of these models is presented with a dial of exquisite colour. The first models to be revealed feature dials in sun-brushed burgundy, which exude a sense of luxurious heritage as well as sophistication. Other dials to follow in the collection will include mother-of-pearl, sun-brushed peacock blue or light chestnut.
While some of these Small Seconds timepieces will be set on colourful leather straps to match the dials, the full metal versions will include the OMEGA Constellation’s legendary mono-rang bracelets. Featuring brushed links with polished central bars, the bracelets also have a butterfly clasp and easy comfort adjustment.
On the inside, the watches are driven by the OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 8802 / 8803, offering the Swiss industry’s highest certified standard of precision, performance and magnetic resistance. Each timepiece also comes with OMEGA’s full 5-year warranty.
OMEGA Constellation Small Seconds Technical Specifications
- Central hour-minute hands, small seconds
- Round date window at 6 o’clock
- OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Cal. 8803
- Watch officially certified by METAS
- Self-winding in both directions
- Jewels: 35
- Frequency: 25’200 A/h (3.5 Hz)
- Power reserve: > 55 hours
- Exclusive features with:
- Magnetic resistant 15,000 Gauss
- Silicon ” Si14 ” balance-spring
- OMEGA free sprung-balance
- Co-Axial Escapement, 3 levels
- Special luxury finish :
- 18K Sedna™ gold rotor and balance bridge
- Geneva waves in arabesque
- Blackened screws, DLC coated barrel and balance wheel
- Diameter: 34 mm
- Height: 11.7 mm
- Water-resistant up to: 5 bar (50 m /165 ft)
- Casebody: brushed, with polished bevels
- Bezel: polished – Claws: polished, with bevels in line with those on case body
- Crown: polished, embossed Ω
- Front sapphire crystal: domed, scratch-resistant, anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Caseback: polished, with domed sapphire crystal, anti-reflective treatment inside
Dial & Hands
- Finish: sun-brushed from centre
- Incremental diamond hour-markers: 18K gold holders
- Applied elements: 18K gold
- 18K gold hands
- Polished facetted hour-minute hands
- Polished small seconds hand
Strap / Bracelet
- Leather strap on polished fold-over clasp
- Constellation mono-rang bracelet: brushed links with polished bevels, polished 3-piece decors
- Butterfly clasp, feminine, with 2 mm easy comfort-adjustment
- Fitting: 21.15 mm on case, 15 mm on clasp