Oris Aquis Date Calibre 400 41.5mm – The joy of mechanics rises to the surface in a smaller version of Oris’s versatile diver’s watch powered by the game-changing in-house automatic Calibre 400.
The joy of mechanics
In our digital, connected, touch-sensitive world, the joy of mechanics has taken on new meaning. Whether we’re looking at a Ferris wheel with its open workings, or a mechanical watch movement through a case back, it warms us to see how things work.
At Oris, we’re driven by this joy. Because if there’s one thing our watches have to do, it’s bring a smile. We know no one needs a mechanical watch. But the simple pleasure of owning one and seeing it work makes life that much more enjoyable. That’s what we mean by the joy of mechanics.
Every Oris watch is inspired by the simple joy of seeing and understanding how things work
As well as making watches, we love working with mechanically minded people. We commissioned British-born, Swiss-based artist Charles Morgan to create a piece of kinetic art that celebrates our love of Swiss precision mechanics. “Oris Phénomena” is, in Charles’s words, a “clockwork cocktail”.
The work has four two-metre-high steel frames, each a letter spelling the word Oris. “It looks like the sort of crazy rocket with things whirring and wires moving that Heath Robinson would have made,” says Charles.
“It’s meant to make you stop, think and smile. These days everything mechanical is hidden. Think about your phone or your car – the workings are invisible. It’s boring. We all like to know how things work.”
This is why we only make mechanical watches. We also create mechanical movements. In the last eight years, we’ve conceived nine new calibres, always pushing the limits of mechanics to create beautiful watch movements that make the mind wonder and the heart race.
The latest of these sit in the Calibre 400 Series of automatics. With elevated levels of anti-magnetism, five days of power reserve, accuracy superior to the chronometer standard (even after exposure to magnetism), 10-year recommended service intervals and 10-year warranties on all watches they power, Oris Calibre 400 Series sets the new standard in Swiss Made automatics.
“Mechanical poetry is all about making people smile,” says Oris Co-CEO Rolf Studer. “A mechanical watch, like Oris Phénomena, gives us something to feel joyful about.”
Oris Aquis Date Calibre 400 41.5mm Technical Specifications and Price
For the first time, Oris Calibre 400 appears in an Aquis Date with a smaller 41.5 mm case. The diver’s watch is available with either a blue, anthracite or green dial.
- Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds,
- date window at 6 o’clock,
- date corrector,
- fine timing device and stop-second
- Number: Oris Calibre 400
- Accuracy -3/+5 seconds a day (within COSC tolerances)
- Extra features: Highly anti-magnetic
- Winding: Automatic
- Power reserve: 120 hours
Case & Dial
- Multi-piece stainless steel case, uni-directional rotating bezel with blue, anthracite or green ceramic insert
- Size: 41.50 mm (1.634 inches)
- Dial: Blue, anthracite or green
- Luminous material: Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova®
- Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, see-through sapphire glass
- Operating devices: Stainless steel screw-in security crown with crown protection
- Water resistance: 30 bar (300 m)
- Stainless steel metal bracelet or black rubber strap, both with security folding clasp with extension and Quick Strap Change
Swiss retail price
- CHF 3,200 on bracelet;
- CHF 3,100 on strap
- Extended to 10 years with MyOris sign-up. Applies to watch and movement.
- 10-year recommended service intervals
*Extended warranties: Oris also offers extended five-year warranties on all Oris watches with Oris Calibre 100 Series movements when owners register with MyOris. In addition, we offer an extended three-year warranty on all Oris watches with movements produced by our Swiss partners with MyOris registration.