Panerai takes bronze to surprising territory with a new execution that produces a bold chromatic combination – Panerai Submersible Bronzo Blu Abisso PAM01074.
Bronze: a material with a lofty heritage, sensual allure and experimental composition; it is alive and changeable, remarkable for the inclination to cloak itself with a unique patina, a sign of the inevitable passage of time. After making its official debut in 2011, bronze has become an essential element in the Panerai collection and for the first time it is the centerpiece of a 42mm Panerai model: Submersible Bronzo Blu Abisso (PAM01074).
Intended for exclusive sale at Panerai boutiques, the model is available in a limited production of only 1,000 pieces a year. The matte blue of the dial is perfectly in tune with the warm tone of the metal. A bronze which is made of pure raw materials excluding the presence of pollution or banned elements, such as lead (< 90 ppm).
Bronze enriches the Submersible Bronzo Blu Abisso with a strong personality and uncommon charisma, qualities enhanced by codes that have always been an integral part of the history of the iconic Submersible collection. Those features include the studs on the graduated bezel and the battery of prominent dots and indices emerging from the dial, each filled with beige Super-LumiNovaTM and, therefore, in perfect chromatic harmony with the aesthetic language of the model.
Technically and conceptually configured to endure the considerable stresses encountered during underwater dives, the model is characterized by a graduated unidirectional rotating bezel, a bridge device with a crown protecting lever and by a thick sapphire crystal on the caseback. All are essential for an instrument designed to withstand the highest pressures.
Compliant with strict standards of accuracy and precision, a critical requirement for an instrument intended for deep diving, the Submersible Bronzo Blu Abisso is driven by the P.900 calibre. The next-generation automatic movement is the first of its diameter and thickness to combine the date function and a three-day power reserve. It is a calibre entirely designed and developed by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel.
Water-resistant up to 30 bar (about 300 meters deep), the Panerai Submersible Bronzo Blu Abisso features a Vintage Suede leather strap in blue with ecru stitching and a trapezoidal pin buckle in bronze. A second rubber strap, in blue, is also included, along with a screwdriver for changing and removing the buckle and a box made from recycled plastic.
Panerai Submersible Bronzo Blu Abisso PAM01074 Technical Specifications and Price
- Hours, minutes, small seconds, date.
- Unidirectional rotating bezel for the calculation of the immersion time.
- Mechanical automatic,
- P.900 caliber,
- 12½ lignes,
- 4.2mm thick,
- 171 components,
- 23 jewels,
- 28,800 vibrations / hour,
- IncablocTM shockproof device,
- single barrel.
- Entirely made by Panerai.
- Power reserve: Three days.
- 42mm diameter, 14.37mm thick.
- Unidirectional rotating bronze bezel with engraved graduated scale.
- Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark), bronze lever and crown.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Twelve-sided screwed caseback in titanium with satin finish, with a sapphire porthole.
- Water-resistance: 30 bar (~300 meters).
- Blue with matte finish,
- with luminescent indexes and applied dots in beige Super-LumiNovaTM with green luminescence.
- Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
Strap & Buckle
- Vintage Blue suede with ecru stitching, with bronze trapezoidal pin buckle.
- Additional rubber strap in blue.
- 15.500 € / £13,900 / US$15,900 / CHF 15’700 / CN￥121,500 /