Perrelet continues to perpetuate the legacy of master watchmaker Abraham-Louis Perrelet, the brand’s founder dating back to 1777 and the precursor of the self-winding movement. The Swiss manufacture is synonymous with automatic movements that it interprets in an original way, creating exclusive contemporary timepieces with a strong identity, immediately recognizable to the brand. After recently launching the “LAB Peripheral Dual Time Big Date”, the watch that marks the introduction of the new brand’s collection featuring a casual-chic style, Perrelet expands this family with a time-only model, enriched with the useful date function at 6 o’clock: Perrelet Lab Peripheral 3-Hands & Date.
The “LAB Peripheral 3-Hands & Date” is born!
Perrelet is well-known for its different interpretations of dynamic dials which boast functional or decorative rotors on the front of the watch. And the new LAB Peripheral collection also respects this famous hallmark that identifies all of the Bienne-based company’s creations.
Flagship of the Perrelet LAB Peripheral 3-Hands & Date is its innovative peripheral rotor. More discreet and sober, visible on the dial-side without compromising the vision of time, this refined version of the oscillating weight dances gracefully underneath the hour indices around the rim of its display according to the rhythm of the owner’s wrist.
The Perrelet LAB Peripheral 3-Hands & Date comes in a 42 mm x 42mm cushion-shaped case in polished/brushed stainless steel or with an eye-catching razor grey PVD coating, decorated with embossed rectangles on the case-band and water-resistant to 5 ATM.
Framed by a polished octagonal bezel with satin-brushed profile, its clean dial is offered in two colour variations: black and silver. Its multilayer structure adds depth to the display further enhanced by the different decorations: the vertical lines of the central disc are in relief and surrounded by a matt sandblasted ring, the luminescent indices are applied to the centre and suspended towards the minute flange, the oscillating weight is embellished with engraved oblique grooves. The end result is an elegant, harmonious and well-proportioned dial. It’s just a treat for the eyes!
The oscillating mass observable on the dial-side is made possible thanks to the clever in-house manufacture self-winding movement, calibre P- 411, beating at 28.800 vibrations per hour and offering 42-hour of power reserve. The rotor on ball bearings, a 180° plate’s segment, is fixed to a wheel with toothing inside, which engages with a pinion on the outer rim of the movement and transmits the energy to the gear-train winding the mainspring.
The case back, sealed by 6 screws, has a sapphire crystal porthole that allows to enjoy the rhodium-plated bridges with Côtes de Genève finishing and 3N gold engravings and its balance wheel in action. This latter is usually hidden by the oscillating weight.
The Perrelet LAB Peripheral 3-Hands & Date is completed by a black calf leather strap with alligator pattern and white stitching, closed by a folding buckle customised with the brand’s logo.
Perrelet once again surprises watch enthusiasts and collectors with a new exclusive creation, characterized by a strong stylistic personality and innovative mechanical content, made possible by the in-depth watchmaking know-how of its highly qualified technical team.
For daily wear or special occasions alike, the “LAB Peripheral 3-Hands & Date” is the perfect model to wear that can’t miss in a prestigious watch collection.
Perrelet Lab Peripheral 3-Hands & Date Technical Specifications
- Stainless steel case
- Stainless steel case with razor grey PVD coating
- Central hours, minutes and seconds hands
- Date window at 6 o’clock
- Manufacture Perrelet P-411 calibre, mechanical automatic movement
- Fitting diameter: 31.60 mm
- Total diameter: 34.80 mm
- Thickness, including oscillating weight: 5.02 mm
- Vibrations per hour: 28.800 (4Hz)
- Jewels: 30
- Number of Components: 243
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Balance-wheel shock protection system: Incabloc
- Circular-grained and rhodium-plated main plate
- Bridges: Côtes de Genève, rhodium-plated with 3N gold engraving
- Oscillating weight: rhodium-plated, circular-brushed, engraved grooves pattern
- Cushion-shaped, polished-brushed stainless steel or razor grey PVD coating depending on the version, octagonal bezel
- Size: 42mm x 42mm
- Thickness: 13.51 mm
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal glass on both sides
- Case-back with sapphire crystal glass, secured by 6 screws
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Two-colour variations: silver and black
- Central part with vertical decoration in relief and circular-brushed rim, surrounded by a matt sandblasted ring
- Cut-out hour-markers filled with SuperLuminova
- Luminescent hours and minutes hands
- Central seconds hand
- Silver or black flange for seconds indication on a scale of 5
- Peripheral oscillating weight visible on dial-side, engraved grooves decoration
- Date window at 6 o’clock (white disc with black Arabic numerals on silver dial or black disc with white Arabic numerals on black dial)
- Black calf leather strap with alligator pattern and white stitching
- Stainless steel folding clasp embellished with the Perrelet logo matching the case