Born in fiery places of eternal drama and power, the latest Captain Cook extends the product line with a dashing new skeleton design that showcases its innovative R808 movement, a marvel of contrasts, know-how and clever geometry. First introduced in a variety of finishes and Captain Cook models, the R808 now headlines the “Art of Skeletonisation” series at Rado, with tasteful variants in finishing that give the different product lines where it is featured, a distinctly collectible feel.
With uncompromising character, the new watch brings together the virile, primal forces of the mineral world, into a plasma high-tech ceramic creation of utmost reliability, precision and originality. The new Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic Skeleton is a natural for the wrists of uncompromising explorers, in the wild or in urban settings, wishing to celebrate their own uniqueness in a world of intense action, passion and challenge.
The new Captain Cook‘s plasma high-tech ceramic case brings its usual extreme surface resistance and mysterious, deep anthracite shades to the new skeleton variant of the timepiece, alongside a matching plasma high-tech ceramic bracelet with a row of lighter-shade links down the centre. The superb matt-finish monobloc case is framed by a circular-brushed plasma high-tech ceramic bezel insert that matches the tones of the case and the outer bracelet links. Inside the rather sport-chic rotatable bezel, a warm and bright rose-gold-coloured index ring adds contrast, next to the familiar Captain Cook box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both faces. In this latest model, the glass presents a lightly smoked tint in harmony with the somewhat mysterious feel of the watch. It also complements the delightful plasma grey and rose-gold-colour touches throughout. On the flip side, the titanium case-back also carries a sapphire crystal, for a clear and unobstructed view of the movement and core watch components. The screw-in crown sports the usual Rado brand anchor symbol.
Rado reaffirms its position as definitive Master of Materials with this new case, sublimated in a fiery environment where plasma temperatures reach roughly four times those found on the sun’s surface. Inside is a Rado automatic calibre R808 skeleton movement with smart new geometry and components shaded in different tones, to allow a distinct view of the various parts, in details well-known to fans of complex architecture or intricate mechanisms. Special finishing touches include a new, horizontally-brushed platine and a rose-gold-coloured minute-wheel bridge, boldly visible inside that wider dial window that watch-lovers will appreciate, alongside the many chromatic contrasts. The movement, equipped with an anti-magnetic and highly reliable NivachronTM hairspring, has been fully tested in five positions rather than the usual three, and provides up to 80 hours of power reserve.
The dial itself is intentionally spartan, with simple geometric indices and hour, minute and second hands, treated where applicable with Super-LumiNova® to enhance readability in low-light conditions. Keeping visual obstructions to a minimum allows the eye to savour the beauty of the skeleton movement in operation. The trademark Rado moving-anchor symbol features a smart, tasteful deep-red background colour along with the customary logo, name and water-resistance depth indications.
The watch is equipped with a titanium triple-fold buckle and CeramosTM push-buttons, and comes in standard Rado packaging.
Rado Captain Cook High-Tech Ceramic Skeleton Technical Specifications
Ref. R32148162 – 4.750,00 €
- Rado calibre R808, automatic, 25 jewels, 3 hands, 80-hour power reserve, antimagnetic Nivachron™ hairspring, exceeds standard test requirements from 3 to 5 positions for higher accuracy Dial side with nickel-coloured horizontal brushed decoration, rose-gold brushed colour centre wheel bridge, nickel-coloured back side
- Matt plasma high-tech ceramic case, monobloc construction
- Rose-gold-coloured PVD coated stainless-steel turning bezel with a circular brushed plasma high-tech ceramic insert and rose-gold-coloured lacquered numbers, markers and triangle
- Circular, brushed, titanium case-back with a transparent sapphire crystal
- Polished rose-gold-coloured PVD-coated stainless-steel screw-down crown
- Box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Water-resistant to 30 bar (300m)
- Dimensions 43.0 x 49.8 x 14.6 (WxLxH in mm)
- Brushed grey, grey-tinted sapphire crystal
- Brushed rose-gold-coloured applied indices with white Super-LumiNova®
- Brushed rose-gold-coloured PVD coating moving anchor symbol with synthetic ruby backplate
- White printed Rado and Captain Cook logos
- Hands Brushed rose-gold-coloured with white Super-LumiNova®
- Matt plasma high-tech ceramic outer links
- Polished plasma high-tech ceramic central links
- Titanium triple-fold clasp with Ceramos™ push-buttons