RESERVOIR watch is proud to be the official watchmaker of IDEC Sport for the European Le Mans Series 2021 (ELMS). The house will embark on board the LMP2 # 48 racing car during the next legendary endurance event: the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2021, on next August 21st and 22nd. A limited series of 24 GT Tour Carbon “IDEC SPORT Edition 2021” pieces will be installed inside the car cockpit, and will compete the legendary race for 24 hours, along with the 3 pilots: Paul Lafargue, Paul-Loup Chatin and Patrick Pilet.
This French collaboration is the result of the meeting between men inspired by a taste for entrepreneurship and surpassing oneself. Three values illustrate this common adventure: the audacity to undertake in approved universes such as watchmaking or real estate, the determination to succeed at an international level, the authenticity of the passionate men who make up their teams.
- Patrice LAFARGUE (Founder & CEO, IDEC): “We are delighted with this new adventure with RESERVOIR and the IDEC Sport team. The values conveyed by the brand correspond well to those of IDEC Sport and to our common passion for motorsport.”
- François MOREAU (Founder & CEO, RESERVOIR): “I am particularly proud to see RESERVOIR become the watchmaking partner of the formidable IDEC Sport team whose teams carry values very close to ours: audacity, authenticity, determination, taste for performance and overtaking. We also share a deep passion for motorsport, and I am therefore very happy to develop this collaboration with the IDEC group”.
Each watch will thus go through all the kilometres of the racing circuit, symbolizing the determination and the audacity of the teams for this worldwide competition. The 24 future customers will receive an invitation to attend the 2022 24 Hours of Le Mans and meet the team in action.
The 24 Hours of Le Mans
The 24 Hours of Le Mans is the oldest and most renowned competition in endurance racing. Held annually since 1923 in the French city of Le Mans, four classes of sports cars compete for 24 hours to determine who can complete the most laps before the checkered flag falls. The race is famous for testing the endurance of racing drivers as well as the ability of cars to go as fast as possible without sustaining mechanical damage.
Find our more: https://www.lemans.org/
About the IDEC Group
IDEC SPORT is the sports branch of the IDEC Group, which brings together all the partnerships under a single banner. If Patrice LAFARGUE (President of the IDEC Group and of IDEC SPORT) has a real passion for motorsport, his competitive spirit has led him to invest in several sports, whether in football, Rugby or even Basketball. But the two most important are sailing and the automobile.
Sailing with the navigator Francis Joyon, a story that has lasted for more than 18 years. This partnership, which has turned into a deep friendship, is covered with success since the current maxi-trimaran IDEC SPORT is the holder of the Jules Verne Trophy (crewed round-the-world tour in 2017 in 40 days, 23 hours and 30 minutes) and won the Route du Rhum 2018 after an incredible duel with François Gabart.
It was in 2015 that Patrice LAFARGUE, passionated about motorsport, decided to create the IDEC SPORT team. An adventure also crowned with several successes and which confirms the level of performance of which the whole team is capable. Engaged for several years on the ELMS circuit and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Team IDEC SPORT in 2019 won the title of European champions thanks to two victories and four podiums.
Find out more: www.idecsport.com
LinkedIn: Groupe Idec | Twitter: @IDCSportRacing | Facebook : idecsportracing
YouTube: IDEC SPORT TV
About RESERVOIR watch
French watchmaking house with Swiss Made collections.
Taking its inspiration from vintage measuring instruments, RESERVOIR watches reflect the functionality and aesthetic appeal of counters, manometers, gauges from three universes: automobile races, military aviation, and diving / submarines. RESERVOIR timepieces are innovative thanks to a radical time display, by combining three horological complications. The retrograde minute at 240° recalls the R.P.M. counters, the jumping hour recalls mileage meters and the power reserve display echoes the fuel gauges. The assortment is built around seven collections and 29 models, all equipped with a bespoke and patented module of 124 components associated with an ETA-2824 movement. All models are assembled in Switzerland by a renowned watchmaker. Distributed in 24 countries – including the United States, Japan, France, China and the United Kingdom – on-line and through a prestigious network of 70 up-scale department stores and specialist dealers, the core range is set at a content price of €3,850. Presented annually at Baselworld, the new models received outstanding reviews from the world watch media and were already nominated twice for the GPHG (Geneva Grand Prix of Watchmaking) in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
RESERVOIR GT Tour Carbon IDEC Sport Edition 2021 Technical Specifications and Price
Ref . RSV11.GT/530-11.IDEC – Limited Edition 24 pieces.
- 43mm, laminated carbon case
- Dark grey sandblast dial
- Self-winding mechanical movement, 37 hours power reserve
- Complications: Retrograde minutes, jumping Hour, Power Reserve
- Patented proprietary 124-pieces module on ETA 2824-2 caliber
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Opened case-back, screw-down crown, Water-resistant 5ATM
- Perforated racing black calf leather strap with black PVD stainless steel butterfly folding clasp
- Quick release spring bars for easy changing of strap
- Additional NATO strap provided
Included in the precious box
- Each watch will be certified to have competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, edition 2021 aboard the LMP2 IDEC Sport racing car
- Includes one-day VIP seat for the next 24 Hours of Le Mans 2022 (practice or race, excluding transport / accommodation).
- The box contains an exclusive miniature model of the car and an additional NATO strap.
- Europe 8’500 € TTC / $ 8’600 MSRP excl. Local Taxes / £ 8’100 VAT incl.
Available to order for a delivery in October 2021
Online store and network of exclusive retailers in 20 countries