Hyper horological. Hyper expressive: This is the Excalibur Double Tourbillon White Ceramic edition. Crafted with the first white ceramic case from Roger Dubuis, the timepiece features an EON GOLD™ design that offers an undeniably sharp and sophisticated contrast. Combined together with the advanced mechanics of the signature double tourbillon, the Maison once again proves its horological and technical supremacy in the world of Hyper Horology™.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Double Tourbillon White Ceramic Edition – Mastering ceramic
Taking ceramic from raw form to the distinctive case Roger Dubuis is known for is a genuinely bold undertaking. A refusal to compromise on the Maison’s signature shape requires the entire manufacturing process to be overhauled. With ceramic four times harder to harness than stainless steel, and its finishing taking 15 times longer than crafting the same case from gold, only the most dedicated and skilled dare to take on such a task. Hyper-resistant to daily scratches and refusing to tarnish over time, Roger Dubuis’ ceramic timepieces combine hyper durability with hyper expressivity.
The finest horological expertise
Recently enhanced with rare craftsmanship, the technical prowess of the RD108 calibre is a striking expression of contemporary flair. Created entirely in-house, the iconic movement features two tourbillons linked by a centred differential that increases accuracy while maximising the transmission of energy. With a titanium lower tourbillon cage, twice lighter than stainless steel, the weight of the piece is reduced to optimum effect. Proving no detail goes unconsidered, non-magnetic material is also used inside the tourbillon to better serve the wearer and improve their experience. Such technical choices allow the power reserve to be radically optimised to 72 hours, providing the option of leaving the watch unworn over weekends without the worry of resetting when Monday comes.
Meanwhile, clean-cut lines on both the 45mm case and movement create its strong visual identity and give the impression of a thinner look and feel. In remastering the Roger Dubuis star, repositioned to levitate freely above the barrel, a heightened sense of transparency and depth is also created. This dynamic aesthetic is rewarded with the Poinçon de Genève, one of the most demanding signature in fine watchmaking and one that requires the manual decoration of each and every component of the watch.
Striking contrasts, standout design
The expressive and modern lines of the iconic Excalibur Double Tourbillon are amplified through a series of curated aesthetic choices. Opting for a design that is undeniably distinctive and sophisticated, the radiant white ceramic case is paired with a precious EON GOLD TM bezel, crown, and case-back. This design is further enhanced by a coated pink gold signature star, hour markers, and indexes, themselves applied on a white Mineral Composite Fibre (MCF) flange. A perfect colour match for the refined white case is found in the embossed white calf-leather strap, featuring a patented Quick Release System for ultimate versatility.
Adding a playful dimension, SuperLumiNovaTM* is applied with extreme precision to the signature star and the tourbillon cages so they shine in the dark. Applied directly on tilted angles without having to be framed inside a closed space, the technique requires extreme craftsmanship that can only be mastered by the most skilled. Coated in the same glowing matter, the hour markers and tips of the hands are made visible at night. With just 8 pieces available, this exceptional creation can only be owned by a lucky few.
The Excalibur Double Tourbillon White Ceramic edition is the latest step forward in Roger Dubuis’ quest for hyper performance, mastery of materials, and standout design. It is proof that the Maison has and always will offer the most exciting way to experience Hyper HorologyTM.
*Roger Dubuis is not the owner of the SuperLumiNova trademark.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Double Tourbillon White Ceramic Edition Technical Specifications
• The skeleton calibres manufactured by Roger Dubuis in Geneva are the essence of the expressive singularity of the Excalibur collection. Complying with one of the most espected certifications of Haute Horlogerie, the Poinçon de Genève, the Excalibur watches are designed like contemporary works of art.
• Every single component being finished by hand, he watches are symbols of passion.
• The work of hyper-skilled craftsmen is at the forefront of each watch with a direct view on the creative mechanics making these pieces more alive than ever.
• This Excalibur Double Tourbillon features a mix of precious materials: EON GOLDTM*and White Ceramic to create the perfect design with these color shades.
• Calibre RD108
• MOVEMENT ENERGY: Manual-winding
• COMPLICATION: Double Flying Tourbillon, Skeleton
• CALIBER: Skeleton double flying tourbillon: manufactured in the Roger Dubuis workshop in Geneva.
Re-engineered and improved performances with a power reserve of 72 hour, better resistance to magnetism thanks to tourbillon carriages made in titanium and cobalt-chrome. Two tourbillons linked with a differential directly connected to the second wheel of the gear train for a better transmission of the energy. Poinçon de Genève certified, one of the most demanding certifications in the world of Haute Horlogerie
• FINISHING: Shot-blasted, trued-up or circular-grained main plate and bridge with NAC coating
• FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes
• FREQUENCY: 3 Hz / 21’600 Vibrations per Hour
• POWER RESERVE: 72 Hours
• DIAMETER LINES: 16 3/4
• THICKNESS: 7.35 Millimeters
• NUMBER OF PIECES: 319
• NUMBER OF RUBIS: 32
• White Ceramic case with sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
EON gold* bezel
EON gold* crown
EON gold* open case back with sapphire crystal
*EON gold 750/1000
• DIAMETER: 45 Millimeters
• WATER RESISTANCE: 10 BAR (100m)
• White Mineral Composite Fiber double surface flange with engraved minute track and transfered texts, polished and pink gold 750/1000 plated hour markers with SLN in the center
• Triple surface hands in pink gold with satin brushed finish on the tilted surfaces and shot-blasted finish on the flat grey surface, SLN tips
• According to our non-exotic policy, Excalibur collection is adorned with a premium calf leather strap, built in volume to follow the design of the case and the movement.
The strap is interchangeable thanks to Quick Release System.
• Pink gold cover 750/1000 with titanium blades, triple folding, interchangeable with Quick Release System – QRS
*EON GOLDTM is a specific 750/1000 5N gold alloy that is more resistant to tarnishing when exposed to extreme conditions.
ABOUT ROGER DUBUIS
The rush of adrenalin, a pounding heart, the sure and certain knowledge that something is about to happen: ENTER THE FUTURE OF HYPER HOROLOGY.
Impertinent, excessive and slightly mad, this is Roger Dubuis. Solidly sustained by an integrated Manufacture, an innovative spirit, and a flagrant disregard for convention, this is what Roger Dubuis is all about! Laugh, scream, roar, and above all, create… for an exclusive tribe that believes in the philosophy of living larger than life at every turn.
Inspired by other cutting-edge industries and out-of-the-box designs to prove, time and time again, that Roger Dubuis is unquestionably the most exciting way to experience Hyper Horology.
NO RULES, OUR GAME