On November 3rd 1991, Ayrton Senna took the chequered flag at the Australian Grand Prix, claiming his sixth victory of the season and winning the Formula 1 World Championship. Senna has been a TAG Heuer ambassador since 1988, the Brazilian driver dominated the supreme discipline of motor racing, becoming World Champion in 1988, 1989, and 1991. With its new TAG Heuer Formula 1 Senna Special Edition timepiece, TAG Heuer evokes the memory of one of the most mythical racers in the history of F1 and celebrates once again the partnership with the Senna brand.
TAG Heuer Formula 1 Senna Special Edition
The TAG Heuer Formula 1 chronograph pays tribute to the legend of Ayrton Senna. A new addition to the TAG Heuer’s Formula 1 collection, celebrating the unwavering passion and commitment of TAG Heuer for motorsport competition.
One of the features of the timepiece is the embossed black leather bracelet, a reference to the S/EL that Senna used to wear on his TAG Heuer. The iconic bracelet was the first to be made by TAG Heuer. Its distinctive unique S-shaped design is highly recognizable. The bracelet’s leather is dynamized with yellow stitching and also features a black steel clasp with double safety system push buttons.
The TAG Heuer Formula 1 Senna Special Edition colour scheme features yellow and black, paying tribute to Senna’s iconic colours. The yellow tone is present throughout this 2021 edition, starting with the famous double S (the Brazilian driver’s iconic brand), which crowns the bezel at 12 o’clock, alongside the Senna name. The double S signature can be found on the dial too, where they are incorporated in the 6 o‘clock subdial. The grey anthracite dial houses classic hour, minute, and second indicators at 6, 9, and 3 o’clock, and is decorated with a discrete “TAG Heuer Formula 1” reminder.
The TAG Heuer Senna Special Edition 2021 also features an ultra-resistant black ceramic bezel, again accentuated by a delicate yellow border that underlines the elegance of the timepiece. The number 400 is engraved on the bezel, in a subtle reference to the 400 km/h speed that has never been reached in Formula 1. The hour hand and indexes are treated with Super-LumiNova® to ensure optimum legibility in all situations. This special edition features a quartz movement and is water-resistant to 200 meters (20 bar).
Last but not least, an image of the Brazilian driver’s iconic helmet is engraved on the caseback and alongside a special engraving of the words “SENNA SPECIAL EDITION”.
With the new TAG Heuer Formula 1 Senna Special Edition timepiece, TAG Heuer is once again renewing its commitment to motor racing, in the finest of ways: by paying tribute to an eternal legend of this competition.
TAG Heuer Formula 1 Senna Special Edition Technical Specifications
- 43 mm diameter
- Black DLC Steel sandblasted case
- Black brushed ceramic fixed tachymeter bezel
- Flat sapphire crystal
- Black DLC steel screw-down crown at 3 o’clock
- Stainless steel screw-down caseback with special engraving SENNA SPECIAL EDITION
- Water-resistant to 200 metres (20 bar)
- Anthracite sunray-brushed dial Black flange with 60 second/ minute scale 3 counters:
- 3 o’clock: black “azurage” permanent second indicator, rhodium-plated polished hand
- 6 o’clock: black “azurage” hour chronograph counter, 1/10th second chronograph counter rhodium-plated hand
- 9 o’clock: black “azurage” minute chronograph counter rhodium-plated hand
- Black gold plated applied indexes with Super-LumiNova®
- Black gold plated polished hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova® Black gold plated central hand
- White TAG HEUER printed logo
- 4 o’clock angled date
- TAG HEUER FORMULA 1 printed
- Embossed Black calfskin strap with black lining with S Link pattern
- Steel double folding clasp with double safety system push buttons, TAG Heuer shield
- Switzerland 2 250 CHF / Europe 2 200 EUR / Great Britain 1 900 GBP / North America 2 300 USD / Japan 250 000 JPY / Hong Kong 18 550 HKD
Available from November 2021