Averin 2.0 – the new generation of an iconic timepiece. Union Glashütte presents a modern remake of its very own classic, which caused quite a stir back in 2008 with its extravagant square-shaped design – Union Glashütte Averin Chronograph. Perfection down to the smallest detail was the name of the game for this outstandingly expressive chronograph, which has always taken a certain degree of poise and character to wear.
The Union Glashütte Averin Chronograph’s most striking characteristic is its square shape, which has been resized to 41 x 41 millimetres, smaller than its imposing predecessor. With gently curved lines, the pillow-shaped case now fits every wrist beautifully and comfortably, while the sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both faces and domed corners emphasises the overall contemporary form.
Just as distinctive is the date display, which uses an unconventional triple hand, where three-pointers of different lengths show the date on a three-level scale, totally clear against the silver part of the dial. A relief-embossed pattern on the black area of the dial adds to the striking contrasts throughout the design of the new Averin, very much in keeping with its charismatic ancestor.
The additional displays, such as the month, weekday, small second, 24-hour with day/night indicator and moon phase displays, are also full of sophisticated details that leave absolutely nothing to be desired, even for demanding watch lovers. The hands and indices each have a polished side and a matt side, while the chronograph hands are lacquered in red. A complementary finishing touch is the black leather strap with an exquisite dimpled effect and a bright red underside
As would be expected, the latest generation of watch technology can be found inside the new timepiece. The Union Glashütte mechanical UNG-25.S1 movement with silicon balance spring guarantees a frictionless drive impervious to magnetic fields and offering a power reserve of up to 60 hours, its clever workings ever visible through the sapphire crystal case back window. The Union Glashütte Averin Chronograph is available from selected specialist retailers at a cost of €3250 (recommended retail price).
Union Glashütte Averin Chronograph Technical Specifications and Price
- UNG-25.S1 Hours, minutes and small second
- Chronograph function with 60-second, 30-minute and 12-hour counters
- Date display using special triple hand
- Dial windows for day, month and moon phase display
- Day correction using push-button at 10 o’clock
- 24-hour hand
- Silicon balance-spring
- Second stop
- Power reserve of up to 60 h
- Stainless steel 316L
- Sapphire crystal case back, screw-down
- Height: 15.45 mm
- Dimensions: 41 mm x 41 mm
- Lug-to-lug: 49.47 mm
- Glass: Rounded sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Water resistance: Water-resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (corresponds to 100 m)
- Silver/black, partially relief-embossed
- Nickel-plated hands with Super-LumiNova®, red lacquered chronograph and counter hands, nickel-plated small second and 24-hour hands, bright black date display
- Black leather with dimpled effect, red underside, 22/20 mm shape
- Double fold fastener with two push-buttons
- €3250.00 / £2,890.00/ 元 25,600.00