Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the popular Certina DS PH200M 39MM appears in a flattering new outfit. Soft colours govern the look of the watch, which features noble materials and a sophisticated automatic movement with a Nivachron™ balance spring. Its darker companion piece, which premiered in the fall of 2021, was the first Certina watch whose design was influenced by the brand’s followers, who voted for it online. And with its new, lighter hues the DS PH200M 39MM will take hearts by storm – as an ideal gift on February 14th and a reliable companion any other day of the year.
A breath of fresh air for a favourite with watch fans
With its classic retro look, the Certina DS PH200M caused a stir when first introduced. In 2021 the debut model was joined by the Certina DS PH200M 39MM, with its slightly smaller case. Now, the latest version adds genuine charm with its bright, fresh colours. The stainless steel case has a 39-mm unidirectional white ceramic bezel whose smooth surface is set off by delicate rose gold-coloured markings. The white mother-of-pearl dial presents eleven sparkling diamonds in rose gold-coloured settings designed to complement the date window at 3 o’clock and the Super-Luminova®-coated hands. A beige-white fabric strap made of #tide ocean material® rounds off the design, combining good looks with a good cause: the material is fashioned from plastics fished from the world’s oceans.
Modern mechanics and Double Security
One shouldn’t let the look of this watch deceive: the Certina DS PH200M 39MM has it all – literally. The usual robust workmanship, which Certina values highly in all its models, makes this one perfectly wearable wherever it goes. The screw-down crown and water resistance to 20 bar (200 m) plays its part, as does the familiar Certina Double Security (DS) concept. At the heart of the watch is a state-of-the-art Powermatic 80 movement with 80-hour power reserve, easily admired through the sapphire crystal case back. Its innovative Nivachron™ balance spring ensures that its rate precision remains unaffected by today’s ubiquitous magnetic fields.
Certina DS PH200M 39mm Technical Specifications
Reference C036.207.18.116.00 – CHF 880.00 / EUR 880
Versions: C036.207.18.126.00 – Bezel and mother-of-pearl dial in black
- DS (Double Security),
- diamond indexes,
- fabric strap made from recycled #tide ocean material®,
- Powermatic 80 movement with Nivachron™ balance spring
- ETA Powermatic 80.611 automatic with Nivachron™ balance spring, Swiss Made
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Power reserve: 80 hours
- Polished stainless steel 316L
- Rotating bezel, 39 mm diameter in convex white ceramic with rose gold-coloured dive time scale; screw-down crown, sapphire crystal case back
- Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m)
- Glass: Domed sapphire crystal
- White mother-of-pearl dial with rose gold-coloured elements and eleven diamond indexes;
- rose gold-coloured hands and indexes with Super-LumiNova® coating;
- date at 3 o’clock
- Beige-white fabric strap made from #tide ocean material® with pin buckle
Be the first to comment