Designed with pilots in mind and built for a life of adventure, the Hamilton Khaki Aviation X-Wind Automatic Chronograph flies through the crosswinds in a bold new guise, with camouflage patterns and new color variants extending across the dial, strap and case.
Hamilton first developed the Khaki Aviation X-Wind watches in close collaboration with master aerobatics aces like France’s Nicolas Ivanoff, to offer pilots a unique new functionality: the chance to calculate their correct drift angle according to wind direction, a crucial element in precise navigation at altitude.
This highly technical element resulted in a complete rethink of the pilot’s chronograph, requiring an inner rotating bezel to display crosswind and drift-angle calculations, screw-down crowns on the right flank of the watch to operate this function, and the pushers for chronograph operations moved to the left side. We adapted our advanced Hamilton H-21 chronograph movement with silicon balance spring, extended 60-hour power reserve and day-date display to power this innovative format. Due to high magnetic fields in airports, the non-magnetic properties of silicon is particularly useful in a pilot’s watch.
Powered by this high performance technology, the new Khaki Aviation X-Wind Automatic Chronograph is among Hamilton’s most complex and pragmatic aviation watches. Whether you’re venturing out into the desert for a wilderness adventure or gearing up for life in the urban fast lane, its combat-chic looks, assertive style and 45mm sizing make it a powerful choice for a life of action.
The impressive pilot watch is available in two rough-and-ready styles: A brown dial matched by a steel case coated in sandstorm beige PVD, or stainless steel case with a deep blue dial. To further underline the idea of adventure, we brought in new rough and high-tech fabric straps to complete the look.
The camouflage pattern is also extended to the dial of the Hamilton Khaki Aviation X-Wind Day Date. Paired with a stainless steel 45mm case coated with a rich brown PVD and a green textile strap it’s an exciting addition to the X-Wind range. Its precise NivachronTM balance spring completes the package.
A thoroughly contemporary timepiece for leaders and fearless adventurers, the Hamilton Khaki Aviation X-Wind Automatic and Automatic Chronograph has a boldness of purpose and style perfect for the cockpit.
Hamilton Khaki Aviation X-Wind Automatic Chronograph Technical Specifications and Price
Hamilton Khaki Aviation X-Wind Auto Chrono
- H-21-Si automatic chronograph movement with 60-hour power reserve and day date function, silicon balance spring
- 45mm stainless steel with sandstorm beige PVD coating, screw down crown
- 45mm stainless steel, screw down crown
- Glass: Sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective coating
- Water resistance: 10 bar (100 m)
- Thickness: 14.85mm
- Lug width: 22mm
- Brown camouflage dial
- Blue dial
- Nickeled hour and minute hands with beige Super-LumiNova®, beige second hand
- Nickeled hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova®, nickeled second hand
- Beige textile strap with pin-buckle
- Blue textile strap with pin-buckle
Hamilton Khaki Aviation X-Wind Day Date
- H-30 automatic movement with 80-hour power reserve and day date function, NivachronTM balance spring
- 45mm stainless steel with brown PVD coating, screw down crown
- Thickness 12.8mm
- Lug width 22mm
- Glass Sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective coating
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Green camouflage dial
- Nickeled hour, minute and seconds hands with Super-LumiNova®
- Green textile strap with H-buckle
- H77775960: CHF 1195 / EUR 1145 / USD 1195