With its refined shades, Mido’s new Commander Big Date marvellously adorns the wrists of those who embody elegance in their every endeavour. When the light shines across the deep blue dial and its sunray satin finish – characteristic of the collection – it creates a subtle shimmer. Several warm touches of rose-gold-coloured PVD stylishly highlight this extremely pure face: on the hands, on the indexes and on the round case with its polished bezel. Similarly, at 6 o’clock, a thin border in this same shade surrounds the large double date aperture that distinguishes this legendary collection. At the heart of the Commander Big Date beats the Caliber 80 Big Date, a highly reliable automatic movement that offers a power reserve of up to 80 hours. Its large aperture calendar function very clearly displays the date with mesmerisingly big numerals.
The finesse of a round satin-finished steel case gives the Commander collection an inimitable and instantly recognisable silhouette – just like the lines of the Eiffel Tower that inspired it. Like the landmark, the Commander remains eternal, timeless and unaffected by the passage of time. Indeed, the collection dates back to 1959 and has been produced without interruption by Mido ever since. The Commander has thus spanned more than six decades, preserving the DNA that has forged its reputation. Much like Paris’s symbolic monument, the Commander has become an icon of Swiss watchmaking tradition and expertise.
Style first and foremost
Bottomless blue and luxurious rose gold are the two eternally shimmering shades chosen for this extremely elegant new version of the Mido Commander Big Date. The rose-gold-coloured PVD indexes and hands, shining as brightly as a mirror polish, glint against the sunray satin-finished dial. White Super-LumiNova® makes the information easier to read, even in the dark. A large date aperture, characteristic of the Mido Big Date collection, appears at 6 o’clock, presenting polished and sandblasted surfaces. A faceted and domed sapphire crystal, meanwhile, affords excellent visibility of this refined dial.
A high-performance calibre
The transparent case back reveals the workings of the Mido Commander Big Date’s mechanical heart. The Caliber 80, with a large aperture calendar, is fitted with an oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes. At the cutting edge of technological innovation, this automatic movement pairs excellent autonomy – a power reserve of up to 80 hours – with an original large aperture date display. This calibre is housed in a robust, round 42 mm-diameter case in satin-finished stainless steel with a rose-gold-coloured PVD treatment. It also features a polished bezel, and satin-finished caseband sides and horns.
The semi-matt brown crocodile-look cow leather strap features a stainless steel folding clasp, also with a rose-gold-coloured PVD treatment. The model is water-resistant up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m/165 ft).
With its deep blue dial and refined rose-gold-coloured touches, the Mido Commander Big Date elegantly offers a new interpretation of the legendary aesthetic codes that define the Commander collection.
Mido Commander Big DateTechnical Specificationsand Price
- Mido Caliber 80 automatic movement (ETA C07.651 base),
- 12¾’’’, Ø29.40 mm,
- height: 5.77 mm,
- 25 jewels,
- 21,600 vph.
- Finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement, oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes and the Mido logo.
- Functions: HMS and instant large aperture date. Adjusted on 3 different positions for high accuracy. Up to 80 hours of power reserve.
- Satin-finished stainless steel with rose-gold-coloured PVD treatment,
- polished bezel,
- Ø42 mm,
- 3 pieces,
- faceted and domed sapphire crystal,
- screwed case back,
- finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement visible through the transparent case back,
- engraved serial number,
- water-resistant up to a pressure of 5 bar (50 m/165 ft).
- Blue, sunray satin-finished,
- polished applied indexes with white Super-LumiNova®,
- large polished and sandblasted date aperture at 6 o’clock.
- Flat diamond-cut, hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova® for enhanced legibility at night.
- Semi-matt brown crocodile-look genuine cow leather,
- stainless steel folding clasp with rose gold-coloured PVD treatment.
- 1.013,29 Euro with 16% VAT / 1.040 Euro with 19% VAT