A watch of champions! – To mark the resumption of the championships, Mido is presenting the Ocean Star 200 Red Bull Cliff Diving Limited Edition and reinforcing the shared vision and exceptional values that tie it to the sport: aesthetics, performance and precision. This unique model, which offers formidable water-resistance of up to 20 bar (200 m/660 ft), also features a superior power reserve of up to 80 hours thanks to the Caliber 80, which is protected by a screwed case back engraved with the Red Bull Cliff Diving logo. Its blue vertical-brushed dial recalls the colours of the ocean depths, while touches of orange – Mido’s signature shade – add energy to its streamlined sporty look. Dedicated to the seas and adrenaline, this limited edition of 500 timepieces beats in time with breathtaking feats and is sure to delight fans and all those with the heart of a champion.
Mido X Red Bull Cliff Diving
Raising the game and continually innovating to achieve perfection: Mido and Red Bull Cliff Diving were a natural fit, and formed a partnership in 2019 underpinned by extreme precision, performance and aesthetics. For over a century, Mido watches have coupled the best technology with timeless lines. The Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series, meanwhile, brings together the very best freediving competitors. Leaping from heights of up to 27 m, these exceptional athletes execute masterful movements while confronting gravity head-on.
A unique look worthy of a champion
The new Ocean Star 200 Red Bull Cliff Diving Limited Edition is a watch of champions and a companion of all sporting feats. Its blue dial – with brushed vertical finishes seemingly showing the downwards trajectory – is crossed by an orange seconds hand. This bright shade also brings out the ‘Caliber 80’ inscription and the stitching of the blue synthetic textile strap, which is particularly resistant.
White Super-LumiNova® adorns the polished indexes, the hands and the dot at 12 o’clock on the bezel, ensuring optimum visibility in the darkest depths. Silver-coloured indications stand out against the blue aluminium of the unidirectional rotating bezel. Meanwhile, the day and date appear in an aperture at 3 o’clock. For optimum readability at all times, the sapphire crystal has an anti-reflective treatment on both sides.
Robust and accurate
The stainless steel case of the Mido Ocean Star 200 Red Bull Cliff Diving Limited Edition brilliantly alternates shiny and satin-finished surfaces. Crafted specifically for diving, the watch offers proven resistance of up to 20 bar (200 m/660 ft), thanks in particular to its screwed crown and case back. The Caliber 80 offers exceptional autonomy, with up to 80 hours of power reserve. This limited and numbered edition of 500 timepieces comes in a special Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series case.
The Mido Ocean Star 200 Red Bull Cliff Diving Limited Edition is like a surge of adrenaline on the wrist, evoking the frenzied emotion of a moment suspended in mid-air, heading towards the ocean. It is a tribute to exceptional athletes.
#OceanStar #RedBullCliffDiving #Midowatches
Mido Ocean Star 200 Red Bull Cliff Diving Limited Edition Technical Specification and Price
- Automatic Mido Caliber 80 (ETA C07.621 base),
- 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm,
- height: 5.22 mm,
- 25 jewels,
- 21,600 vph.
- Finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement, oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes and the Mido logo.
- Functions: HMSD + day.
- Adjusted in 3 different positions for high accuracy.
- Up to 80 hours of power reserve.
- Satin-finished and polished stainless steel,
- unidirectional rotating bezel with blue aluminium ring and silver-coloured markings, white Super-LumiNova® dot at 12 o’clock,
- Ø42.5 mm,
- 2 pieces,
- sapphire crystal with an anti-reflective treatment on both sides,
- screwed crown and case back with ‘Red Bull Cliff Diving’ logo,
- engraved serial number + limited edition number,
- water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft).
- vertical brushed,
- polished applied indexes with white Super-LumiNova®,
- day and date at 3 o’clock.
- Diamond-cut hour and minute hands with central grooves and white Super-LumiNova®,
- seconds hand with orange varnished tip and white Super-LumiNova®.
- Blue technical synthetic fabric (textile effect),
- orange stitching,
- satin-finished and polished pin buckle stamped with the Mido logo.
- CHF990.00 / 960,00 € / £780.00 / $970.00 / S$1,450.00 / J￥125,400 / CN￥ 7,700