In a year clearly dedicated to the Luminor Marina, Panerai once again explores original directions in the field of creativity by rewriting the aesthetic vocabulary of the emblematic model which more than any other embodies the brand’s unmistakable legendary image. Today this fundamental mainstay of the brand carries a Luminor collection with an accentuated identity.
A natural successor of the historic diver’s watch conceived in the early 1950s, with its name “Luminor” inspired by the luminous substance tritium used in the Second World War to replace Radiomir, the new Luminor Marina (PAM01313) – 44mm marks the umpteenth step in a continuous process of development. It is the result of advanced innovation and long-standing tradition, recalling the codes of a unique aesthetic and ready today, as always, to rank itself as an unquestionable milestone of Italian design.
The key to its long life is its distinctive identity, highlighted by the originality of the design of the dial, with its legendary sandwich construction. This highly recognized configuration, always a distinctive sign of the Panerai DNA, is today presented in blue, with a satiné soleil finish for the model fitted with the alligator strap.
Characteristic graphic expression further amplified by the natural reaction at the base of the fluorescent compound called to revive it.
High-performance Super-LumiNovaTM has been selected by the Panerai Laboratorio di Idee to revamp the collection. The new reference is characterized by the neon green of its retro luminescence, an unvarying evocative colour returning to the origins of the brand.
The mechanical heart of the collection is the P.9010 calibre, an automatic movement only 6 mm thick entirely designed and developed in the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. Reliable and accurate, it has a power reserve of three days provided by a twin spring barrel and it has the distinctive practical function for quickly setting the hour hand, which can be moved in steps of one hour forwards or backwards, at the same time automatically adjusting the date.
Water-resistant to 30 bar (a depth of about 300 metres), the new Luminor Marina (PAM01313) is supplied with the alligator leather strap fitted with a brushed steel buckle. A second technical strap in rubber completes the equipment of the series, with a special tool for changing it and a screwdriver for removing the clasp.
Panerai Luminor Marina 44mm PAM01313 Technical Specifications and Price
- Hours, minutes, small seconds,
- Automatic mechanical, P.9010 Calibre,
- 13¾ lignes,
- 6 mm thick,
- 200 components,
- 31 jewels,
- 28,800 alternations/hour,
- GlucydurTM balance,
- IncablocTM anti-shock device,
- Two spring barrels.
- Executed entirely by Panerai.
- Power reserve: 3 days
- In AISI 316L brushed steel,
- Diameter 44 mm,
- Thickness 15.65 mm,
- Bezel in polished steel.
- Brushed steel Safety Lock device protecting the winding crown (protected by trademark).
- Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum.
- 12-sided screw back in brushed steel.
- Water resistance: 30 bar (~300 metres).
- Blue with satiné soleil decoration, sandwich structure,
- Arabic numerals and hour markers in white
- Super-LumiNovaTM with green luminescence.
- Small seconds at 9 o’clock,
- Date at 3 o’clock.
Strap & Buckle
- Made of alligator leather, dark blue with beige sewing,
- with trapezoid buckle in brushed steel.
- Additional strap in blue rubber.
- 7.700 €, incl. sales tax