Panerai Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina PAM01116 – the iconic Luminor Marina in a limited edition available exclusively through the brand’s boutiques.
With its craftsmanship and experimental proprietary technologies, Panerai enhances the essential qualities of its materials. In the wake of the 70th anniversary of the Luminor collection, named for the luminescent substance first patented in middle of the last century and an enduring signature of the brand, Panerai once again celebrates its iconic collection with a precious interpretation: the Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina (PAM01116), guaranteed for 70 years *.
A special edition with a singular identity, Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina is available exclusively at Panerai boutiques globally and produced in a limited edition of only 70 pieces. During its exceptional warranty term of 70 years the brand will provide customers with services to keep the watch in perfect functioning free of charge. On the back of the watch there is the “70 Years Warranty” logo applied through a metallization process.
Identifiable by its case and dial layout, Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina stands out in the Luminor Marina collection thanks to the noble metal that endows it with toughness: Platinumtech. An alloy reformulated and perfected by the Panerai Laboratorio di Idee, it is harder than conventional platinum with enhanced physical properties. The precious metal was selected to give the model greater resistance, though it is considerably more difficult to work and polish.
The delicate finishing of the Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina case requires, not surprisingly, a meticulous and highly specialized manual polishing process.
Masterful aesthetics have been matched by refined, high-performance mechanics furnished by the self-winding Caliber P.9010, which has a three-day power reserve and is designed and developed entirely by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. The movement features a rapid adjustment system that can move the hour hand forward or backward in increments of one hour, independent of the minute hand.
Water-resistant to 5 bar (approximately 50 meters deep), the Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina features an alligator leather strap in dark brown with ecru stitching and a brushed Platinumtech trapezoidal pin buckle. A second strap, chosen according to the customer’s request at the time of purchase is also included, along with a screwdriver for changing and removing the Platinumtech trapezoidal buckle and a black lacquered wooden box with the luminescent Luminor Marina logo on the lid.
* For further details on the warranty, please refer to the dedicated watch’s warranty
Panerai Platinumtech™ Luminor Marina PAM01116 Technical Specifications
- Hours, minutes, small seconds
- Mechanical automatic,
- Caliber P.9010,
- 13¾ lignes,
- 6mm thick,
- 200 components,
- 31 jewels,
- 28,800 vibrations / hour,
- GlucydurTM balance wheel,
- IncablocTM shockproof device, two barrels.
- Made entirely by Panerai.
- Power reserve: Three days.
- Polished Platinumtech, diameter 44mm, thickness 13.4mm.
- Polished Platinumtech bezel.
- Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark), lever and crown in brushed Platinumtech.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Twelve-sided screwed caseback in brushed Platinumtech, sapphire crystal porthole with the “70 Years Warranty” logo applied by a metallization process.
- Water resistance: 5 bar (~50 meters).
- Olive green with satiné soleil decoration, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and indexes in beige Super-LumiNovaTM with green luminescence.
- Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
- Panerai logo.
Strap & Buckle
- Alligator leather in dark brown with ecru stitching, with brushed Platinumtech trapezoidal pin buckle.
- Additional strap selected at the request of the customer at the time of purchase in the boutique.