Perrelet’s iconic TURBINE collection expands its range and presents the new “Turbine Seigaiha” collection, in a limited edition of 20 pieces.
Since its launch in 2009, the many models in the Turbine line, ranging from pilot watches to chronographs, from GMTs to divers and time-only watches, have adorned the wrists of enthusiasts in search of unconventional and innovative time instruments.
The turbine, a component that took years of research to develop its patented technology, has quickly become one of the hallmarks of the Swiss Perrelet Manufacture. At the slightest movement of the wrist, the turbine spins and generates attractive optical effects, depending on the decoration of its sub-dial.
Thanks to this signature element, the versatile Turbine collection is perfect for exploring ever-changing themes. With the new “Turbine Seigaiha”, the limitless creativity of the Perrelet team, with its profound watchmaking know-how dating back to 1777, delves into the rich artistic heritage of the Land of the Rising Sun.
For this latest creation, the Bienne-based watchmaking House chooses the Seigaiha wave pattern as the leitmotif of its new timepiece.
The Seigaiha wave is an ancestral Japanese motif which first appeared in the 6th century. Translated as ‘blue sea and waves”, the motif was used to illustrate seas and oceans on maps. The water and waves are drawn as layered concentric circles creating overlapping arches. This pattern which also symbolises power and resistance, key elements of Japanese culture, has inspired many famous French fashion houses such as Yves Saint Laurent and Chanel as well as it’s frequently used for interior decoration and on ceramics. So why not on watches?
Perrelet “Turbine Seigaiha” comes in a round, sporty case decorated with its distinctive vertical fluting along the case band and integrated crown at 3 o’clock. Crafted in steel with a black PVD coating to make it more resistant to scratches, the case is 44mm in diameter and water-resistant to 5 ATM/50m.
The 12 black anodised aluminium blades of the turbine, an unequivocal symbol of the brand’s identity, are equipped with five tungsten counterweights placed underneath the blades. They allow the turbine to rotate thanks to the motion of the wrist. This dynamic operation reveals the striking beauty of the Seigaiha motif depicted in red and white on its sub-dial.
Beyond the surprising hide-and-seek effect created by the spinning blades, the assembly of the blades demands perfectly balanced and calibrated components to function smoothly, a task performed by the Manufacture’s highly skilled watchmakers.
With its time-only function, the “Turbine Seigaiha” features central hour and minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova and the raised Arabic numerals and indices for optimal legibility in all light conditions. Both the central seconds hand and the numerals 1 to 12 on the flange are red, a subtle detail that adds a bright note of colour to the dial and matches the tones of the Seigaiha motif on the lower dial.
The engine that powers this collection of innovative technology and trendy contemporary design is the Perrelet’s manufacture P-331-MH self-winding calibre. With both Chronofiable and COSC chronometry certifications, it offers excellent performances in timekeeping precision.
Produced entirely in-house, this movement beats at 28.800 vibrations per hours and provides 42-hour power reserve. Thanks to the sapphire crystal porthole on the case back, watch lovers and collectors can admire the refined finishes of the bridges and its open-worked rhodium-plated oscillating weight personalised with the logo of the House. The inscription “Limited Edition XX/20” is transferred on the sapphire crystal.
The new “Turbine Seigaiha” is presented on a black alligator strap with red stitching closed by a folding buckle in black PVD steel embellished with the Perrelet logo.
This exclusive timepiece comes in an elegant watch box customised with the waves of the traditional Japanese motif on the inside.
Perrelet Turbine Seigaiha Technical Specifications
Ref. A4037/2 – CHF 4.980
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Perrelet manufacture mechanical self-winding movement, calibre P-331-MH
- Chronofiable and COSC Certified
- Turbine Technology
- Vibrations per hour: 28,800 (4 Hz)
- Jewels: 25
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Main plate: grained, rhodium plated
- Bridges: sandblasted, rhodium plated
- Open-worked rhodium-plated oscillating weight with the Perrelet logo
- Round, stainless steel with black PVD coating, integrated crown at 3 o’clock
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Thickness: 13 mm
- Water-resistant to 5 ATM
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal on dial and case back
- Transferred inscription on the sapphire crystal porthole: Limited edition XX/20
- Turbine with 12 blades in black anodized aluminium
- 5 tungsten counterweights positioned below the blades
- Sub-dial with the traditional Japanese Seigaiha pattern in red & white
- Hour and minute indication in raised Arabic numerals at 15-minute intervals, and indices, covered with white Super-LumiNova
- Central hour and minute hands filled with white Super-LumiNova
- Red central seconds hand
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal glass
- Black alligator strap with red stitching equipped with black PVD treated steel folding clasp and Perrelet logo
- Limited edition of 20 timepieces, individually numbered with the transferred inscription on the sapphire crystal case back