The engines fire up. The crowds cheer wildly. The excitement is palpable: Get ready to celebrate Pirelli’s 150th anniversary as Roger Dubuis x Pirelli unveil the Excalibur Spider Pirelli Monotourbillon (MT).
Driven by a desire to create adrenaline-charged masterpieces, the partners show once again what happens when the finest minds from different industries come together to share their unrivalled know-how, breakthrough research, and boundless creativity.
Brimming with racing codes, the latest Roger Dubuis x Pirelli creation is a roaring example of versatile design crafted with horological excellence and hyper-tech materials. Unveiled as the Singapore Grand Prix raises its starting flag, the new masterpiece is an ode to Pirelli’s 150 years of tradition, innovation, and passion, and the result of a long-lasting relationship between a tyre performance pioneer and a serial horological innovator.
THRILLING MECHANICS, RAGING PERFORMANCES
The new Excalibur Spider Pirelli MT is the expression of a combined obsession for excellence and innovation that fuels Pirelli and Roger Dubuis’ race towards hyper performance.
Continuing to push boundaries to achieve its ambitious goal, Roger Dubuis’ hyper-skilled watchmakers chose to feature the Maison’s iconic Monotourbillon in the new sporty masterpiece. A significant undertaking, this feat of advanced mechanics is placed at 7 o’clock on the timepiece; Roger Dubuis’ signature position.
Inspired by the motorsports universe, the masterpiece also displays a power reserve indicator at 9 o’clock that is playfully reminiscent of a car’s fuel gauge. With 60 hours of power reserve, the timepiece’s lucky owner can race through the weekend without the need for a horological pit stop.
Such exceptional, hand-finished mechanics are rewarded with the Poinçon de Genève, one of the most demanding certification in fine watchmaking.
SHAPING THE FUTURE WITH HYPER-TECH MATERIALS
The Excalibur Spider Pirelli MT celebrates a momentous anniversary while binding the partners through their common interest in innovative materials. Bringing this shared fascination to their latest creation, the case and bezel of the 45mm Excalibur Spider Pirelli MT are crafted from pure white Mineral Composite Fibre (MCF). Owned exclusively by Roger Dubuis, this hyper-tech material is a true demonstration of technical mastery. Thanks to a process known as Sheet Molding Compound (SMC), silica is engineered in a way that produces MCF. 13% lighter than SMC carbon, its lightness makes it extremely comfortable to wear on the wrist, while its sturdy structure enables the creation of intricate designs.
A DEDICATED CELEBRATION DESIGN
From case to skeleton, bracelet, and iconic astral signature, the Excalibur Spider Pirelli MT is dressed in stunning white. A first for a timepiece from the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Pirelli collection, the shade was chosen specifically to stand out and honour the significance of Pirelli’s landmark occasion.
As a dedicated celebration design, the timepiece includes additional unexpected features, such as the bezel, logo, and hour markers’ ability to glow in the dark with SuperLuminovaTM* technology. Likewise, the distinctive Pirelli 150th anniversary logo featured on the strap also shines at night thanks to SuperbiwinovaTM *.
Making the timepiece even more remarkable, the inner design of the strap displays the recognisable Pirelli CinturatoTM pattern, as well as their unforgettable motto “power is nothing without control”.
SWITCH LOOKS IN SECONDS
Knowing every minute counts on and off the track for the Roger Dubuis x Pirelli tribe, the new Excalibur Spider Pirelli MT features an interchangeable strap, crown, and bezel – all with a simple click. Just as swift changes are crucial in the world of motorsports, this Quick Release System ensures the timepiece can be switched up and customised in no time. The 3 additional kits in shades Oro, Silver, and Red feature Pirelli’s distinctive iconic curved lines in a stylish nod to its motorsports alter ego. While these design details allow the wearer to decide what look best suits their mood, they also honour the official colours of Pirelli’s 150th anniversary.
The Excalibur Spider Pirelli MT – limited to just 8 pieces – boasts an expressive blend of advanced mechanics, hyper materials, and versatile design that celebrates a true milestone for the Maison’s long lasting partner. Both an ode to 150 years of excellence, and to an enduring partnership, the timepiece continues to show the world that Roger Dubuis is and always will be the most exciting way to experience Hyper HorologyTM.
*Roger Dubuis is not owner of the SuperLuminova™ and Superbiwinova trademarks.
Roger Dubuis x Pirelli Excalibur Spider Pirelli Monotourbillon Technical Specifications
Exclusive partnership with Pirelli: pioneer in the world of motorsport performances.
Roger Dubuis and Pirelli are working together to create exclusive straps made of winning motorsport tire rubber. The latter are featuring inlays made of real tire rubber which have won one of the most demanding motorsport competition in the world. In addition to that, the design of the strap displays Pirelli patterns on the inside, reflecting the style and performance of the Italian manufacturer. The result are high-octane watches with Roger Dubuis engines andPirelli flavor offering a blend of competitive technology.
- A watch celebrating and specifically developed for the 150th anniversary of Pirelli.
- Flying Monotourbillon with power reserve indicator
- The watch is delivered with 3 additional kits featuring the colours of the 150th anniversary of Pirelli.
- Colours offered: silver, gold and red
- The new QRS system allows the owner to change the bezel, crown and strap in a matter of seconds.
- Calibre RD508SQ
- MOVEMENT ENERGY: Manual-winding
- COMPLICATION: Power Reserve, Flying Monotourbillon
- CALIBER: Skeleton flying tourbillon calibre, the signature of Roger Dubuis highly-skilled watchmakers. Placed at 7 o’clock, the flying tourbillon makes one rotation in 60 seconds
Inspired by the motorsport universe, the calibre includes a power reserve indicator built like a fuel gauge
- FINISHING: Circular-grained main plate and bridges with Rhodium plating Trued-up anchor bridges with Rhodium plating
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, power reserve indicator
- FREQUENCY: 3 Hz / 21’600 Vibrations per Hour
- POWER RESERVE: 60 Hours
- DIAMETER LINES: 16
- THICKNESS: 5.92 Millimeters
- NUMBER OF PIECES: 265
- NUMBER OF RUBIS: 29
- White MCF (Mineral composite fibre) case with titanium container
- White MCF (Mineral composite fibre) bezel with sapphire crystal and anti-reflective coating, interchangeable with QRS – Quick Release System
- Titanium open case back with sapphire crystal and metallized Pirelli logo
- Rubber crown interchangeable with QRS – Quick Release System
- DIAMETER: 45 Millimeters
- WATER RESISTANCE: 5 BAR (50m)
- White lower flange with transfered texts and minute track
- White upper flange with Rhodium plated screw-like hour markers filled with SLN
- White gold 750/1000 hour and minute hands. Black outlined tips filled with SLN
Strap & Buckle
- White rubber strap with white rubber inlay with fused SLN on the 150th-anniversary logo, white stitches. Interchangeable with Quick Release System
- Titanium cover with titanium blades, triple folding, interchangeable with Quick Release System – QRS
ABOUT ROGER DUBUIS
The rush of adrenalin, a pounding heart, the sure and certain knowledge that something is about to happen: ENTER THE FUTURE OF HYPER HOROLOGY. Impertinent, excessive and slightly mad, this is Roger Dubuis. Solidly sustained by an integrated Manufacture, an innovative spirit, and a flagrant disregard for convention, this is what Roger Dubuis is all about! Laugh, scream, roar, and above all, create… for an exclusive tribe that believes in the philosophy of living larger than life at every turn.
Inspired by other cutting-edge industries and out-of-the-box designs to prove, time and time again, that Roger Dubuis is unquestionably the most exciting way to experience Hyper Horology.
NO RULES, OUR GAME