The UNION Glashütte Noramis Chronograph is showing off a brand-new design this year: The timeless classic with a retro feel is presented with a domed sapphire crystal, offering a fantastic view of the dial – without any bezel. The dial features a generally more open and clean design and the new pump push-buttons, which emulate the style of the 1950s and 60s, further emphasise the timepiece’s vintage character. With its diameter of 42 mm, this dress watch chronograph perfectly matches the current trend of downsizing, making it a stylish option for any wrist. The new version of the Noramis Chronograph will be available in three models.
The Noramis collection by Union Glashütte embodies the elegance of the 50s and 60s, which is evident on this timepiece thanks to the retro feel of the both-sided anti-reflective edge-domed crystal. The new pump push buttons and the more open and clean dial emphasise the vintage design of this dress watch, which does away with unnecessary frills. A special lacquer lends the dials a particularly distinctive sheen. A Super-LumiNova® coating on the hour and minute hands makes for excellent readability, while the date is easy to spot at 9 o’clock for all models.
The cleaner dial is complemented by simple new Noramis lettering. The sapphire crystal case-back reveals the mechanical UNG-27.S2 calibre that is decorated, assembled and calibrated by hand by Glashütte watchmakers. It impresses both thanks to its running time of up to 60 hours and its silicon balance spring – as well as the benefits it offers, such as reducing the effect of magnetic fields on the timepiece’s rate precision. The Noramis Chronograph is the second Union chronograph movement to feature a silicon balance spring. In addition, the timepiece is water-resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 metres).
The Union Glashütte Noramis Chronograph is available in three models: A black dial with Milanese bracelet for EUR 3190.00 as well as a white dial with a black calfskin strap and a silver dial with rose gold numerals and a brown calfskin strap for EUR 2950.00 each including VAT.
UNION Glashütte Noramis Chronograph Technical Specifications
- UNG-27.S2 Hours, minutes and small second
- Date display on dial
- 3 push-buttons (including corrector at 10 o’clock)
- Chronograph function with 60-second and 30-minute counters
- Chronograph mechanism with cams
- Second stop
- Silicon balance spring
- Power reserve of up to 60 h
- Stainless steel 316L
- Sapphire crystal case back, screw-down
- Height: 14.45 mm
- Dimensions: Dia. 42 mm
- Lug-to-lug: 50.05 mm
- Black: Nickel hands with Super-LumiNova® coating (hour and minute hands), nickel small second, white chronograph hands
- White: With blued chronograph hands – otherwise identical
- Silver: 5N rose gold hands with Super-LumiNova® coating (hour and minute hands), 5N small second, blued chronograph hands
- Glass: Sapphire crystal, both-sided anti-reflective
- Water resistance: Water-resistant up to a pressure of 10 bar (corresponds to 100 m)
- Black dial: Milanese bracelet, stainless steel 316L
- White dial: Black calfskin
- Silver dial: Brown calfskin
Recommended retail price:
- EUR 3190.00 (black);
- EUR 2950.00 (white, silver)