There’s nothing like summer to bring out white… White as ice… White as the crest of a breaking wave… DOXA does it again: A 7th color – Whitepearl WHITE – joins the family of legendary Swiss diving watches. Right on time for summer: DOXA unveils SUB 200 Whitepearl.
Colour is part of the history and DNA of DOXA. After all, DOXA was the first watch brand to dare to put an orange dial on a diver’s watch. Not as a provocation, but because it made diving sense: an orange dial is much easier to read underwater. Still, a bold move in a world of grey and black dials. That was in 1967.
More than 50 years after its initial launch, rich with a unique history, the legendary SUB is now available for the first time totally in white. It is a new DOXA diver’s watch, in its purest iteration, that is being revealed today. An immaculate white SUB 200, refreshingly sporty: the SUB 200 Whitepearl.
The arrival of this new colour is a major event at DOXA, both surprising and inevitable. It is pure white, both refined and timeless, gives a feeling of lightness and freshness. And it is a true classic. More than a trend, everywhere in fashion, white stands for a return to purity and simplicity that never ceases to inspire.
White now joins the 6 dial colours already offered in the SUB 200, SUB 300 and SUB 1500T collections. True to the DOXA tradition of evocative designators, like Sharkhunter or Searambler, it also comes with a name of its own: Whitepearl.
The DOXA dial colours:
- Orange – Professional (always true to the dial colour launched by DOXA Watches in 1967)
- Silver – Searambler
- Black – Sharkhunter
- Navy – Caribbean
- Yellow – Divingstar
- Turquoise – Aquamarine
and starting July 2021:
- White – Whitepearl
DOXA’s 7th color is being inaugurated on the SUB 200 dive watch (3 hands, date).
The 42mm case, made of the highest quality 316L stainless steel, features a domed, scratch-resistant ‘glass box’ sapphire crystal, a unidirectional rotating bezel and a screw-down crown. The SUB 200 is water-resistant to 200 meters (≈650 feet) and all dive-related displays have a white Super-LumiNova® luminescent coating to ensure excellent readability in low-light diving conditions. Equipped with a Swiss automatic movement, the SUB 200 offers a power reserve of approximately 38 hours.
The SUB 200 Whitepearl is available in two versions: either with the iconic DOXA stainless steel ‘rice bead’ mesh bracelet with folding clasp, or with a sportier, supple and durable rubber strap in Whitepearl White with distinctive DOXA signs on both sides and a pin buckle. New: the rubber strap is now also available in two sizes, Standard and Small.
Ultimately a Swiss diving watch, summery, elegant, pure, reliable and robust, packed with features with an ultra-competitive quality/price ratio: CHF 990.00 for the version with the stainless steel ‘rice bead’ bracelet, and CHF 950.00 for the version with the rubber strap.
DOXA SUB 200 Whitepearl Technical Specifications
- 799.10.011.23 (white, rubber strap – strap size: Standard)
- 799.15.011.23 (white, rubber strap – strap size: Small)
- 799.10.011.10 (white, stainless steel bracelet)
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Swiss, mechanical self-winding
- Power reserve: about 38 hours
- Stainless steel 316L
- Diameter: 42mm
- Crystal: ‘Glass box’ sapphire
- Unidirectional rotating bezel, lug width: 19mm
- Stainless steel screw-down case back – Screw-down crown
- Water resistance: 200 meters, 20 ATM/bar (about 650 feet)
- Painted indices treated with a Super-LumiNova® luminescent coating
- Hands treated with a Super-LumiNova® luminescent coating
- Painted outer minute track
- Stainless steel with a sapphire insert – unidirectional rotation
Bracelet – 2 options
- Stainless steel ‘rice bead’ bracelet with a folding buckle featuring a diver’s extension and the ‘DOXA fish’ symbol.
- Rubber strap in Whitepearl White (2 sizes available: Standard and Small) to match the dial color
- Pin buckle featuring the ‘DOXA fish’ symbol.
Suggested retail price:
- CHF 990.00 for the version with the stainless steel ‘rice bead’ bracelet, and
- CHF 950.00 for the version with the rubber strap.