Creativity, daring and innovation are core principles at Perrelet. Ever on the lookout for contemporary trends and innovative materials to enrich the iconic Turbine collection, Perrelet always sustains the high quality and reliability of the mechanical movements that give life to these timepieces. Having recently released the new Turbine Carbon line, including the Turbine Rainbow and Turbine Carbon Black Edition, Perrelet expands this collection with its latest creation, Turbine Carbon Racing.
This time, its sporty look is inspired by the exciting world of motor racing. Decked out in colours associated with the race track, like the chequered black and white flag waved at the end of the race or the red flag warning that the session is suspended or the race track curbs.
Presented in a round 44 mm case, the Perrelet Turbine Carbon Racing features the new, wider style of vertical fluting on the case bands. The design of the flat bezel and the compact lugs correspond to the more contemporary aesthetic upgrades introduced on the Turbine Evo line in 2019 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Turbine Technology.
Thanks to its ergonomics and innovative lightweight materials, the generous dimensions of the 100m / 10 ATM water-resistant case adapt perfectly to the wrist. Like any F1 car, weight reduction is essential, and the case middle is made of polycarbonate and carbon fibre. Carbon fibre is a robust but extremely light material, resistant to chemicals, temperature fluctuations and boasts excellent thermal insulation. On the other hand, the bezel and case back are made of stainless steel with a sleek black PVD coating.
Translating the speed of the racetrack into a wristwatch format, the dial of the Perrelet Turbine Carbon Racing is equipped with the signature 12-blade turbine that responds to the slightest movement of the wrist, spinning around the dial to reveal the matte black sub-dial. Made of black anodised aluminium with five counterweights that allow it to slow down and return to its resting position, the blades are decorated with a carbon fibre texture to match the case material.
A dynamic note of colour illuminating the dark dial is provided by the red and white chequerboard pattern printed on the minute flange and the hour ring. The mixed indices are applied to the dial and filled with Super-LumiNova.
In keeping with the racetrack-inspired red, white and black palette, the hour and minute hands emit a white glow in the dark, while the central seconds hand with its openworked counterweight is picked out in bright red.
The beating heart of this compendium of innovative technology and contemporary design is Perrelet’s second-generation P-331-MH. This in-house automatic calibre is manufactured by Soprod, the prestigious Swiss manufacturer of watch movements, owned by Miguel Rodriguez, which produces all Perrelet’s exclusive calibres. Furthermore, the movement boasts COSC and Chronofiable chronometry certification, guaranteeing the maximum reliability and precision of the movement powering this timepiece.
As with all Perrelet timepieces, the finishings of the movement are meticulously executed with perlage on the mainplate and an open-worked rhodium-plated oscillating weight with the Perrelet logo.
The new Perrelet Turbine Carbon Racing comes with a waterproof leather strap with an embossed alligator print and a soft rubber lining.
The watch is delivered in a special ‘Tactical Box’, containing an additional black rubber strap and a special tool to mount the strap in the comfort of your home.
Perrelet Turbine Carbon Racing Technical Specifications
- In-house self-winding movement, calibre Perrelet P-331-MH, COSC and Chronofiable certified.
- 28.800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz)
- Number of jewels: 25
- Power reserve (fully wound): 42-hour
- Open-worked and rhodium-plated oscillating weight with Perrelet logo
- Hours, minutes and seconds
- Round, case body in polycarbonate and carbon fibre, flat bezel in stainless steel with black matte PVD coating
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Thickness: 13. 82 mm
- Sapphire crystal glass with double anti-reflective treatment on dial
- Fluted case band
- Crown with Perrelet logo
- Case back in stainless steel with black PVD coating and sapphire crystal glass
- Waterproof to 10 ATM (upgraded in comparison to the 5 ATM of the previous collections)
- Black sub-dial,
- Turbine technology
- 12 black anodised aluminium turbine blades with a carbon fibre texture and five tungsten counterweights
- Central hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova, red central seconds hand with counterweight
- Red/white chequered minute flange
- Arabic numerals and indices with white Super-LumiNova
- Bi-material strap in rubber and water-resistant black calf leather with grey stitching and alligator pattern, folding buckle
- Watch delivered in a tactical box with additional rubber strap + tool.
Price: CHF 4.750
Be the first to comment