Exclusive, dainty and timeless, a new variation of the Vacheron Constantin Heure Romantique model graced with a black mother-of-pearl dial rounds out the Heures Créatives collection unveiled in 2015. A sensitive ode to the rich feminine heritage of the Maison, a symbol of inventiveness and style.
- A watch nurtured by Vacheron Constantin’s heritage and its more than 200 years of creative commitment to women.
- The chic black mother-of-pearl dial adorns the silhouette of this Art Nouveau-inspired timepiece.
- A creation powered by a mechanical manual-winding movement, Calibre 1055: a dazzling dialogue between the art of jewellery-making and the art of horology.
The Heure Romantique model immediately fires the imagination, conjuring up images of the refined and inventive women who embraced the Art Nouveau style almost a century ago. Graceful volutes, flowing curves and arabesques inspired by nature nurtured Vacheron Constantin‘s artistic creativity. Within the workshops Manufacture, femininity reigned supreme, in all its audacity, lightness and delicacy, inspiring artisans to craft extraordinary horological wonders. Delicately engraved pocket watches, precious pendant watches and richly decorated wristwatches testify to an abundant offering dedicated to women, particularly in the 1920s and 1930s.
The Maison revisited this rich heritage in 2015 by inaugurating the Heures Créatives collection, composed at the time of a watch trilogy inspired by landmark historical models ranging from the Belle Époque to the 1970s. Today, Vacheron Constantin presents a new variation on the Heure Romantique model, a precious watch imbued with a timeless elegance enhanced by a dial adorned with black mother-of-pearl.
Aesthetic refinement and technical ingenuity
Inspired by a 1916 timepiece emblematic of the Art Nouveau style, the Heure Romantique model was born from an intimate dialogue between the art of jewellery-making and horological virtuosity. Femininity is emphasised in every detail of this exceptionally elegant timepiece. Its case takes the form of a dainty 18K white gold flower whose curves are set with 104 diamonds on two levels. This refined craftsmanship is further accentuated by the airy leaf-type lug design. To underline this harmonious composition, the crown is topped with a diamond and the circumference of the case is studded with finely engraved small beads.
Setting a magnificent stage for the passing of time, the dial is made of shimmering black mother-of-pearl, thereby adding an extremely chic touch to this new Heure Romantique which is particularly in its element at gala events, clasped to the wrist with a black satin strap. A second black alligator leather strap accompanies this model exclusively available from Vacheron Constantin boutiques.
To mark off the hours and minutes, the Heure Romantique model houses manual-winding Calibre 1055, whose extreme slenderness provides space for Vacheron Constantin to unleash its creativity. This movement with its 115 components and 21 jewels beats at a rate of 21,600 v.p.h. and has approximately 40-hour power reserve. With a tiny diameter of barely 15.70 mm (6¾’’’), the mechanism fits seamlessly into the delightfully petite and distinctively shaped Heure Romantique case.
Nurtured by Vacheron Constantin‘s rich heritage of feminine watches, the Heures Créatives collection is welcoming a new variation of the Heure Romantique model. Set with 123 dazzling diamonds, the dainty flower-shaped 18K white gold case frames an elegant black mother-of-pearl dial. This precious aesthetic is arrayed in stunning finery to create an exclusive timepiece inspired by a 1916 watch emblematic of the Belle Époque. Powered by a slender mechanical manual-winding movement, Calibre 1055, this marvel of watchmaking and jewellery flows into an elegant black satin strap. Available exclusively in Vacheron Constantin boutiques, it also comes with an additional strap in black alligator leather.
Vacheron Constantin Heures Créatives Heure Romantique Technical Specifications and Price
- Hours, minutes
- Calibre 1055
- Mechanical, manual-winding
- 15.7 mm (6¾’’’) diameter, 2.1 mm thick
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve
- 3Hz (21,600 vibrations/hour)
- 115 components
- 21 jewels
- 18K white gold
- 26.5 x 36.2 mm, 7.4 mm thick
- Diamond-set bezel, case and lugs (104 round-cut diamonds)
- Diamond-set crown (1 round-cut diamond)
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 3 bar (approx. 30 meters)
- Black mother-of-pearl
- Transferred Roman numerals
- Black satin
- Diamond-set 18K white gold folding clasp (18 round-cut diamonds)
- Delivered with a second strap in black Mississippiensis alligator
- 123 round-cut diamonds, for a total weight of approx. 2.60 carats
- CHF 55’000.00, Tax Included
- 53.500,00 €, Tax Included
- £49,400.00, Tax Included
- $54,500.00, Tax Excluded
- HK$442,000.00, Tax Included
- S$81,500.00, Tax Included
Only available in Vacheron Constantin Boutiques